Nice guy, nice wood, and a kiln

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alan in Little Washington

Alan Schaffter
Corporate Member
I made a trip to Old Sparta NW of Greenville, NC today to pick up some maple from Russ Denz a friendly NCWWer who unfortunately will be leaving us later this year for AZ. Russ listed his wood (and other stuff) in the North Carolina Woodworker classifieds. He is selling some really nice lumber, most of it quality, KD hardwood from Steve Wall Lumber (at 35% off Wall prices!!!.)

He used to run a Coffee (export/import?) business from a nice building on his property. Awhile back he decided he needed a hobby and dived into woodworking big time. He built a very nice shop in one corner of his coffee buliding. In addition to leftover lumber from his house renovation, he has he quite a large supply of mainly hardwood from Steve Wall as well as some lumber harvested and dried onsight. See his listing or give him a call to see what he has left. Better call or visit soon- once word gets out about the quality and price, this wood will be gone!!

Speaking of drying, Russ also has a mint condition Northland NK 1000 Mod kiln he is selling at quite a savings over the price of a new one!

My wife and I enjoyed our brief visit with Russ, his two VERY friendly dogs, his helper, and the quick tour of his shop.

Thanks to Russ, the jaw faces on my new maple WW bench will match the bench top. :eusa_danc:eusa_danc Anyone need a 3" x 5" x 36" laminated chunk of white oak.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS