Nice Day of Sawing.. Eye Candy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyle

New User
Kyle Edwards
Chris Brittain and I had a nice day of sawing.. yesterday was spalted Magnolia today was Curly, Burly Red Maple Slabs and Turning blanks.. Carolina Gold!

Feast your (birds) eyes..

:D

141.jpg

181.jpg

192.jpg

231.jpg

241.jpg

251.jpg

It was loaded with quilt, curl, birdseyes and lace..

crazy stuff.

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
what ya gonna do wit dem culls?:rotflm: they be some purdy boards Kyle. did you save any of the slabs?:roll:

MrAudio815

New User
Matthew
Wow that is some pretty stuff right there.

I wonder how much this one is going to go for?
241.jpg

Thats gonna make one huge Bowl.

Kyle

New User
Kyle Edwards
We are selling this wood, but I knew that you guys would appreciate it.

If interested call Chris or me..I will be stocking lots of blanks at the farm.

kyle

Kyle

New User
Kyle Edwards
Jeff..you DEFINITELY know how much can go into make pretty shapes :)

I figure we have around 1500+ pounds of nice curly, burly block and a number of slabs..

needless to say all the chain blades are dull and the delta upright needs a sharp blade.

Its all good.

CrealBilly

New User
Jeff
141.jpg

Kyle the three in the picture on your left hand side. The heartwood look like some strange bottle nose dolphin or maybe a gar fish and the third one looks like a beaver. Slabbing and sawing for book match makes for some really interting figured contrast between heart and sapwood. That lumber there is definitely not something you'll find at your run of the mill lumber yard. Great show of craftsmanship Kyle, it takes many years of experience and hard work to "pull a rabbit out of your hat" or in this case a couple of bottle nose dolphin and a beaver out of the water :gar-La;

I will say these are some gorgeous slabs, I just wish you guys could have seen my poor 3.0 slow 4-runner pulling these to Kyles at 55mph with the pedal on the floor. Also, I have noticed every time I bring something to kyle's my trailer becomes more like the shape of a U....:eusa_thin. I'm going to have to use some jacks and straighten the hauler out soon.:rolf:. But hey sometimes it worth bending a little steel to get nice log to the mill...

Also guys please come see Kyle and I at the Sawmill this week. I will give a 15% discount to anyone that stops by and see us....We will be sawing all week. We are working on some Premium Walnut...

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend
Chris Brittain
cbburls@yahoo.com
ebay: CBBurls User name :liftnaleg
828-994-7333

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS