Newby from Raleigh

LB@Geek

New User
LB
Hi, I am Loren, a native North Carolina boy now living in Raleigh. I’m retired from the technology world, and hoping old dogs like me can learn new tricks. When I was a teen, I lived in Greensboro next door to Conrad McClintock who was my very patient woodworking teacher with what I recall as a really big shop and lots of cool tools. I was probably not the best student but now I that I have time, and much more patience, and I’m ready to learn again and create things with my hands. Working with hand tools is my passion and I looking forward to meeting everyone here with common interests.

mpholway

Board of Directors, Events Director
Matt
Staff member
Corporate Member
Loren, welcome to the forum. You couldn't have picked a better time to join us as you can meet a bunch of folks at the annual picnic on May 18 at lake Jordan.

Henry W

Henry
Corporate Member
Welcome Loren. There are a bunch of us in RDU area, so you are not alone!
2nd the picnic idea - great way to meet folks (which you can't do so often with online forum like this one).

LB@Geek

New User
LB
Tom, welcome to the forum. You couldn't have picked a better time to join us as you can meet a bunch of folks at the annual picnic on May 18 at lake Jordan.
Thanks Matt, how can I get details for the picnic in May, and perhaps signup or register?

Michael Mathews

Michael
Corporate Member
Welcome Loren! Glad you found us and decided to join the group! Regarding the picnic, as others mentioned, there's a thread here with info. There are a number of us in this area, (I'm in NW Chapel Hill) that will be going to the picnic. If you plan to stay through most of the picnic, we can try to meet up somewhere local and ride down together!

jpmcn

James
User
Hi, I am Loren, a native North Carolina boy now living in Raleigh. I’m retired from the technology world, and hoping old dogs like me can learn new tricks. When I was a teen, I lived in Greensboro next door to Conrad McClintock who was my very patient woodworking teacher with what I recall as a really big shop and lots of cool tools. I was probably not the best student but now I that I have time, and much more patience, and I’m ready to learn again and create things with my hands. Working with hand tools is my passion and I looking forward to meeting everyone here with common interests.
Welcome Loren!!!

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors