Status
Not open for further replies.

wjw62

New User
Bill
Hi:

Just joined your group today. I'm retired, working in stained glass and watercolor art, and am trying to set up a framing shop. I want to make my own moulding for framing, and have heard that a horizontal router table is the way to go. Any advice on picture framing set-ups, equipment, and techniques appreciated.

Best regards

M

McRabbet

Welcome to the website! Happy you found us and we'll look forward to your participation.

cskipper

Cathy
Glad you joined us! I can't offer any advise about making picture frames, but I am sure someone will be able to help.

Steve_Honeycutt

Chat Administartor
Steve
Bill,

Welcome! The group enjoys pictures. These could be work in progress, tools, jigs, finished projects, etc. Don't be shy about asking questions.

Steve

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Welcome to the family Bill. We have a good number of VA members. I am looking forward to seeing you works.

Glennbear

Glenn
Welcome Bill, it is always nice to see another Virginian. :wsmile: I cannot offer much framing advice except to suggest you look into a miter trimmer since I have heard they are indispensable for a frame shop. Here is the type of gizmo I am talking about : http://grizzly.com/products/G1690 the original design is no longer produced :confused_ (Lion trimmer by Pootaluck) but can sometimes be found used. :wsmile:

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Welcome to the site, Bill!:icon_cheers

Sounds to me that stained glass and watercolors are a perfect pairing to nice shop built wooden frames.

I hope that you can find time to post some pictures of your work when you get set up.

Looking forward to reading your future posts.

Wayne

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS