New Yankee Workshop on YT

Martin Roper

Martin
Senior User
About a month ago the producer of the New Yankee Workshop series started posting episodes on YouTube.

Here is season 1, episode 1 from January 7, 1989:

It was kind of cool to see some of those early projects and how Norm really started with some basic tools. I remember the later ones where he had a big planer and jointer, drum sander, and so forth, but in those early episodes he just had a lunchbox planer, a 4" jointer, a Unisaw, a radial arm saw, and a 14" band saw.

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
Many times shows like this turn into tool shills for the sponsors. I believe there would be support for a show that had the craftsman producing products with just basic tools. I liked The Router Workshop when it was on years ago, because he only used a few tools and maximized their potential for his projects. Unless a WWer has deep pockets, flaunting the uses of all the big bucks tools can be a put off to trying the craft.

Charles Lent

Charley
Corporate Member
The Router Workshop may be coming back.

Rick Rosendahl (Bob's son) has recently been indicating that he is working to bring the show back with some newly made shows, but very likely on a "subscription basis". We will have to wait to see if the succeeds.

Charley

Davidj

New User
Dave
About a month ago the producer of the New Yankee Workshop series started posting episodes on YouTube.

Here is season 1, episode 1 from January 7, 1989:

It was kind of cool to see some of those early projects and how Norm really started with some basic tools. I remember the later ones where he had a big planer and jointer, drum sander, and so forth, but in those early episodes he just had a lunchbox planer, a 4" jointer, a Unisaw, a radial arm saw, and a 14" band saw.
I watched one of those early shows where Norm uses a Ryobi Ap10 planer. I had that planer and used it for about 30 years. It was a great tool. I won’t buy Ryobi tools now but that planer was great! The early episodes are fun to watch.

HITCH-

Hitch
Corporate Member
All of the episodes of 'This Old House' are available as well.
Norm was the carpenter on the first house they restored.

TBone

New User
Tommy
The Router Workshop may be coming back.

Rick Rosendahl (Bob's son) has recently been indicating that he is working to bring the show back with some newly made shows, but very likely on a "subscription basis". We will have to wait to see if the succeeds.

Charley
That show was never available locally, that I could find. Hopefully, they'll start back. Woodworking shows are few and far between

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS