New Top Horizontal Menu

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
OK, what started the menu changes has setup. The original "second menu" had a lot of limitations in terms of how much could be added. That's why the side menu was used to add things but only a few could be added to the top menu. There are a lot of people who don't use side menu and because of that they couldn't find some things easily.

I've used the same software that generates the side menu to generate the new second menu. The goal is really simple. The combo of the two horizontal menus, should get you to most reasonably easy.:shocked7fl:

Any please take a look and make any comments or criticisms on the appearance, the structure, the terminology and bugs. Please post it in this thread.

Thanks

Monty

New User
Monty
Looks neat. It does have a pesky blue line in it, though. The arrow icons also don't match the icons in the menu just above it, but that's a minor issue. Could you consider making all the "drop down" menus on this line, and put all the "static" menu items on the top line - just for consistency?

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
Looks neat. It does have a pesky blue line in it, though. The arrow icons also don't match the icons in the menu just above it, but that's a minor issue. Could you consider making all the "drop down" menus on this line, and put all the "static" menu items on the top line - just for consistency?
See what I can do about the line. The icons are also something I might be able to fix. Changing the top menu is something that I want to avoid, becuase it is the "stock menu" and functions. I'd prefer to keep that as stock as possible.

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
Oh, the pesky blue line is there on purpose to seperate the two menus. But I'll see if I can make it thinner.

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
The only way that I can reasonbly see to make both top menus visually compatible would be to totally replace the stock menu with our own. But that creates the problem that conditionals will not be evaluated.:BangHead:

MikeH

Mike
Corporate Member
The only way that I can reasonbly see to make both top menus visually compatible would be to totally replace the stock menu with our own. But that creates the problem that conditionals will not be evaluated.:BangHead:

Steve could you make the blue line a black line? It would follow the color scheme a little better. Also is there a reason the side menu isn't floating any longer. I kinda liked that feature.

Monty

New User
Monty
One other minor issue - can you make that menu so you have to click on it instead of just float over it... this is only because you have to move the mouse over the lower menu to get to the top menu and it's distracting. ;)

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
One other minor issue - can you make that menu so you have to click on it instead of just float over it... this is only because you have to move the mouse over the lower menu to get to the top menu and it's distracting. ;)
I'm in the process of making the bottom menu have same behaviour and the same look and feel as the top.

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
Steve could you make the blue line a black line? It would follow the color scheme a little better. Also is there a reason the side menu isn't floating any longer. I kinda liked that feature.
As far as I can see the side menu is floating. Clear your cache

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
I've the menu to more closely resemble the look and feel of the stock menu. I think that this will make easier for people to use.

Please give me some feedback and any issues that you find

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
Steve the menu bar isn't resizing to the screen. It appears to be a fixed width.

It is fixed width. And it seems to be too large.:BangHead: :BangHead: :BangHead:

I'll look at that in awhile. Got another thing I have to do first:crybaby2:

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
never mind here, I had forgotten that on this computer resolution is set rather low, and I have no access to the control panel :( , so several parts of the site require horizontal scrolling anyways... :BangHead:

jglord

New User
John
Steve:
Maybe I'm having a brain cramp, but have we done away with the listings of lumber dealers, etc.?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS