New to you

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Welcome Barbara, I applaude any one who works with Habbitat, it is one of the finest organizations around, and a great way to learn construction skills. I've helped to build three houses with them. I am glad that you found our little site, and think that you'll enjoy hanging around. As you can see, ask a question and it soon will be answered. See you around. Dave:)

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
b4man said:
Excuse the ignorance, I'm not sure how to respond personally or if it's necessary. David, I'll be happy to offer suggestions on lighting your kitchen. I just need to know how to help without boring the rest of the group or breaking any forum rules. I don't do this professionally any more so any advice is yours for the taking.

As someone else has mentioned, you can do it privaletly via PM and.or email. But by doing it publically, in the forums, alot of us might learn something. You put the discussion where it makes sense for you. If it is not the ideal forum, one of the moderator's will move it for you free of charge.:lol:

Steve D

Steve DeWeese
Barbara, The other thing to watch on the bevel cut is to make sure the wood stays put. Use a hold down to maintain position. The angle will be off if the board slides during the cut even if the angle is set properly.

b4man

New User
Barbara
You are right about the wood staying in place. I just came in from the shop and after following your advice, I test cut, readjusted and by some cosmic intervention (probably you writing at the same time) it occurred to me to use the hold down on the CMS. Da! And, if all that didn't work, which it did, my wood is slightly cupped.So, if it hadn't been for my investing the time yesterday with you guys here, I likely would have pitched the saw and the wood and stayed out of the shop for the rest of the day.

Thank you for simple yet very effective advice. Simple works well for me.
Barbara

Derek

New User
Derek
www.cabinetmakeronline.com-contract info.

Fellow woodworkers,
Yesterday the November e-mail from cabinetmakeronline arrived at my in-box and on its site is a link to a copy of a working contract made available by a company in Texas City, TX named Cabinets & Counters. After a cursory perusal it looks pretty thorough; from a payment scheduele to warranty coverage and everything in between. The neat thing is, it's available to download and print for anyones use-just put your company's name in place of Cabinets and Counters. Hope this is useful to you who are in business and may be working on a handshake and want to grow or those who plan to.
We'll be heading to visit family this Thanksgiving so Happy Thanksgiving to you all. Remember to keep the sawdust out of the stuffing.
Derek

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS