New shop addition (good deal gloat)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Makinsawdust

New User
Robert
I been wanting to add a cabinet under my Cab Saw for a long time. I seem to never have had the time or will to make one. I was browsing the big blue box on Thursday and found a 10 piece box of cabinet pulls for $12 on the clearance table. Then I preceded on back in the store and found a damaged 21' x 48" vanity for $50. 15 minutes of work to repair the damage and here's the result. I'm looking forward to filling it up.
100_1487.jpg

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Sweet, did you have to do any modifications to fit it under the side table, or was it just the right height?
Seeing as you won't have a sink in there you could pull off the false front and convert that into additional storage space also.

Dave:)

Makinsawdust

New User
Robert
Sweet, did you have to do any modifications to fit it under the side table, or was it just the right height?
Seeing as you won't have a sink in there you could pull off the false front and convert that into additional storage space also.

Dave:)

It needed about 1/2" worth of shim. I may add the drawer at a later date. I've go too much on my plate at the moment. Due to the size it will take a heavy duty drawer bottom and slides. Two drawers with an inserted face frame between, might be a better solution.
Rob

Charles Lent

Charley
Corporate Member
Very, very nice!!! There's only one thing wrong with what you just did. :nah:

LOYL had better not see that cabinet, because it looks so much better than the rest of your shop that she will make you re-model all of the rest of your shop cabinets so that they match this one. :gar-Bi

Charley

Robert Arrowood

New User
Robert Arrowood
Very, very nice!!! There's only one thing wrong with what you just did. :nah:

LOYL had better not see that cabinet, because it looks so much better than the rest of your shop that she will make you re-model all of the rest of your shop cabinets so that they match this one. :gar-Bi

Charley

A man could only wish for something like that:rotflm::rotflm:.Just make sure you don't scratch the new furniture:eek:.That is a cool addition though:icon_thum.

LeftyTom

Tom
Corporate Member
Good score, Robert. If that cabinet had come with a marble top, :swoon:.
I want to build some shop furniture, but if I can get it cheap at the Rescue Mission store, I get to support 2 good causes (theirs and mine). :cool:

jamie

jamie
Senior User
That looks very nice...

I have questions tho-

The saw looks like it is on a mobile base, how does that work with the cabinet?

How much room do you have between the cabinet and the hand wheel?

What is that thing on the boom arm above the saw?

Thanks!

-jamie

Makinsawdust

New User
Robert
Travis,
What can I say. I like efficiency in my production. I learned a few years back the advantage of having back-ups and work arounds. My show schedule and orders don't change because a machine has broke down so I have to over come it. Besides it's not tool hording if you use all of them daily. The thing is most of my machines are small according to the stuff you have.
Three drill presses (two bench and one radial floor model), two more planers-one needs work and the other is set-up as a moulder, two dust collectors, two miter saws, three lathes, two edge sanders (bench and floor model), two tablesaws, three air compressors two of them work, three router tables. I only have one radial arm, wide belt, morticer, scroll saw, and jointer. We don't really want to get into the number of routers, drills, hand sanders, etc.
I wanted to make sure there was at least two of everything in the ark but the ark ran out of room. :wsmile:

Makinsawdust

New User
Robert
That looks very nice...

I have questions tho-

The saw looks like it is on a mobile base, how does that work with the cabinet?

How much room do you have between the cabinet and the hand wheel?

What is that thing on the boom arm above the saw?

Thanks!

-jamie

Those are easy to answer.

The mobile base is just for looks. It came with the saw! It's not been moved in 2.5yrs.

There's about 2-3inches from the end of the hand wheel and the cabinet.

Well there's a light on the end of the boom and a fan in the middle of the arm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS