New Scam or New Virus E-Mail????

Status
Not open for further replies.

gator

George
Corporate Member
Received four of this in a row tonight:

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]If you can't see this email please click here[/FONT]​
imgsrv.php

Ambrose Caswell
Ambrose Caswell has added you as a friend
Is Ambrose your friend?​
[FONT=Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Click Yes if Ambrose is your friend, otherwise click No.
But you have to click!
[/FONT]

Please respond or Ambrose may think you said no :(

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Click here to block all emails from Tagged Inc., 110 Pacific Mall Box #117, San Francisco, CA. 94111[/FONT]

I simply deleted them. I was even afraid to click on NO.

George

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Did you receive these as a NCww'er site related e-mail or other correspondence? I have not seen anything like that come to me as e-mail or PM from this site.

Dave:)

gator

George
Corporate Member
No, I didn't mean to indicate that it came thru NCWW. Just a warning if anyone gets one similar thru their regular e-mail channels.

George

J

jeff...

if my spam blocker don't catch it first and if I don't recognize the senders email addr - I delete the email I don't even bother opening them.

M

McRabbet

This looks to be a classic phishing email -- I certainly hope noone clicks on any of the live links in your post, Gator or they'll probably be sorry. I get plenty of junk emails and they never get to see the light of day -- most head for my Junk Email folder and I delete them every week to 10 days (I just looked and there are 42 awaiting my axe).

Ray Martin

New User
Ray
I may be stating the obvious but... just because a button in an e-mail or on a web page says the button will do something, doesn't mean that the code behind the button will actually do it. Anything on a page can be programmed to do something other than what you think it will do... even the "X" in the red box at the top right of each window.

Ray

R

rickc

Delete them. I agree if you have had no relationship with the sender, don't recognize anything about the email they should be permanently deleted. In Outlook, that is done by holding the shift key and selecting delete.

I would also recommend the beloved moderator deactivate or delete the active links from the original post!

russellellis

New User
Russell
tagged is just another myspace, friendster, fubar, facebook kind of social site. usually that is their way of taking you the sign up page. they are trying to get more members most of the time. but for safety, just delete those emails. especially if you dont belong to those kinds of networking sites. or use a mac.

Don Sorensen

New User
Butch
Russell is right...it's just another social network site....but holy carp! there's about 9 pages to slog through that all give you the chance to sign up for something stupid, that costs money while your membership is "being authorized"

I know this, because I went through it for my sister's benefit. And then followed with a long email to her about all the [STRIKE]crap[/STRIKE]. er "carp" I had to go through just to sign up.

But I agree with the earlier posters...if you don't know who it came from, just delete it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS