New PSI CA Finish??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ken Massingale

New User
Ken
Have any of you tried this from Penn State?

http://www.pennstateind.com/mm5/mer..._Code=PSI&Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PKCAFINSET

PKCAFINSET.jpg

I've never had any false claim issues with PSI, but I can't say the same about their sister company, the router bit supplier. :nah:
The only thing 'new' here seems to be the "specially formulated CA finishing glue", which makes my Bull Poop meter activate.
I'm far from being a chemist so would like some educated input on the claim "to produce a true layer of acrylic on your wood pen"

Thanks

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
IIRC, it can be called new if they put it in a new bottle or a new label. How many times have you seen laundry detergent or dishwashing liquid have "new and improved" on the label?

I agree with you. It is CA.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Just away to charge folks more who have not tried to do a CA finish via the normal method. Can't blame PSI but they won't get me to bite.

WoodWrangler

Jeremy
Senior User
Marketing is amazing. It's even SOLD OUT!

Same stuff, different day.

CA finish on pens isn't really that hard once you get a hang of it ... and it didn't take any "special" glue, just good technique.

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
Marketing is amazing. It's even SOLD OUT!

Same stuff, different day.

CA finish on pens isn't really that hard once you get a hang of it ... and it didn't take any "special" glue, just good technique.

And even I can do it:rotflm:, following Jeremy's directions.

JackLeg

New User
Reggie
HMMM!

I've got some NEW and IMPROVED cypress lumber for sale. Only $699 bf! (New to me, improved by Ivey!(

I've also got some of the "original recipe" for sale for around $2.25 bf.

(Jeremy, what do you think? Do I have a shot at a new career in Marketing??)

:rotflm:

WoodWrangler

Jeremy
Senior User
(Jeremy, what do you think? Do I have a shot at a new career in Marketing??)

:rotflm:

If that works, I'd like to be an investor!:gar-La; Your net profit would be amazing! And you must be promising one heck of an ROI or something ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS