New Member form Weaverville, NC.

Scott Woody

New User
Scott
Hello all.... Thank you for accepting me into the group. I'm originally for Gastonia, NC - attended N.C. State (1970 - 1974) and UGa College of Veterinary Medicine (1974 - 1978). I practiced veterinary medicine for 35 years in Atlanta, Ga - retired - sold practice and moved to Weaverville (Asheville area). In 2011 we renovated an old theater in West Asheville (the old Isis Theater) and our family opened a dinner theater (dinner and a concert). We closed the venue at the end 2022.... I'm now fully retired at 71 and just spending time woodworking and woodshedding fiddle tunes on the banjo(bluegrass).

I have been working with wood for the past 40 years.... mostly learning the "hard way".... currently I'm creating art pieces utilizing spalted wood from our property in Weaverville (Butterflies, earrings, flowers, charcuterie boards etc). I look forward to asking questions, getting opinions, sharing ideas and learning from you all. Thanks

I have attached a couple of photos....

Attachments

• Wall Art 1.jpg
    Wall Art 1.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 68
  • Wall Art 2.jpg
    Wall Art 2.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 67
  • Work Top.jpg
    Work Top.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 66

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
Welcome Scott,
NICE mixed media artwork!!!

Rob in NC

Rob
Senior User
Welcome... Just a touch north of you in Barnardsville here. Wood turning, blacksmithing, knifemaking is where I concentrate time. I have a nice scroll saw and hoping to incorporate that, but as of yet.. I've not delved into it!

Graywolf

Board of Directors, President
Richard
Staff member
Corporate Member
Welcome to the forum Scott! That’s some cool work.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Hey Scott.... did you go to NC State? I was there when Lou Holtz coached the Wolfpack... I was more into basketball (which was great at the time as well - Norm Sloan and crew)
Nope. Went to a college in NY 12 miles from the Canada border. My daughter and my money were the only thing that went to State. She was there during the days that Phil Rivers was QB.

CarolinaCumberland

New User
Aaron
Hello all.... Thank you for accepting me into the group. I'm originally for Gastonia, NC - attended N.C. State (1970 - 1974) and UGa College of Veterinary Medicine (1974 - 1978). I practiced veterinary medicine for 35 years in Atlanta, Ga - retired - sold practice and moved to Weaverville (Asheville area). In 2011 we renovated an old theater in West Asheville (the old Isis Theater) and our family opened a dinner theater (dinner and a concert). We closed the venue at the end 2022.... I'm now fully retired at 71 and just spending time woodworking and woodshedding fiddle tunes on the banjo(bluegrass).

I have been working with wood for the past 40 years.... mostly learning the "hard way".... currently I'm creating art pieces utilizing spalted wood from our property in Weaverville (Butterflies, earrings, flowers, charcuterie boards etc). I look forward to asking questions, getting opinions, sharing ideas and learning from you all. Thanks

I have attached a couple of photos....
Hello and welcome, you are local to my Mom. I spent half of my childhood in Weaverville. Would love to be back in the hills but life doesn't always give you what you want.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors