New lathe parts

Status
Not open for further replies.

erasmussen

New User
RAS
With the HF lathe raised up I needed a new banjo.
and in order to use the old Tool rest's for the HF I needed an extension, I could have made the banjo taller where it holds the tool rest, but then I wouldnt be able to use the taller tool rest's

the banjo

DSC02959.JPG

the extension
DSC02960.JPG

DSC02961.JPG

jhreed

james
Corporate Member
Earl, If I had not seen so much of your woodwork, I would think that all you do is design, create, & manufacture tool parts, jigs, & fixtures. I cannot believe that one person is such an accomplished woodworking artist and a creative design engineer wrapped into one.
Thanks for your inspiration. Wish I had the talents to take full advantage of that inspiration
James

MrAudio815

New User
Matthew
Earl So how big can your HF lathe turn over the bed now? How did you make the riser blocks? Did you just buy a 16" over the bed grizzly tool rest?

This will save me some serious money if I do the same, please share~!

erasmussen

New User
RAS
Earl So how big can your HF lathe turn over the bed now? How did you make the riser blocks? Did you just buy a 16" over the bed grizzly tool rest?

This will save me some serious money if I do the same, please share~!

The HF lathe can swing 16" now.
the riser blocks are made from IPE
thats what these parts are for so I dont need to buy new tool rests

MrAudio815

New User
Matthew
Hey Earl,

I am still a little confused, can you take some more pictures of the tail stock as well. How did you bolt it on etc?

Also how did you make this? The thing I have circled? Because that sure doesn't look like HF material? It looks like the grizzly to me? If you would rather send more in depth info by email I am all for it. Thanks Earl~!
HF_lathe.jpg

erasmussen

New User
RAS
Hey Earl,

I am still a little confused, can you take some more pictures of the tail stock as well. How did you bolt it on etc?

Also how did you make this? The thing I have circled? Because that sure doesn't look like HF material? It looks like the grizzly to me? If you would rather send more in depth info by email I am all for it. Thanks Earl~!
HF_lathe.jpg

PM sent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS