New Grizzly machines

Status
Not open for further replies.

mshel

New User
Michael Shelley
Got the new 2006 Grizzly catalog today and lo and behold, one of their newest entries in the planer field is identical to the Yorkcraft I just purchased. All the specs look identical and the appearance is the same. Just goes to show you, these things are coming down the assembly line and at the end one goes here, one goes there and so on. I once visited a Whirlpool factory and saw their washing machine assembly line. On the line, I saw Whirlpool and Kenmore machines being built at the same time. Same guts and cabinet, just different names. So you see, everyone does it not just the Chiwans.

Mike

Ozzie-x

New User
Randy
Got my new catalog too. Lots of new stuff, a lot of new funky stuff. See the resaw machines? Lots of new production machinery listings.

M

McRabbet

Got mine today, too. NC must have lots of Grizzly fans -- I've only got 5 of their power tools -- most curious entries are two spiral cutter equipped jointers at the same price; don't know why anyone wouldn't buy the 8" version! Must be a catch somewhere... Does anyone have any experience with their sliding table attachments? It might be sweet on my 1023SLX...
Rob

Ozzie-x

New User
Randy
I've only bought shaper cutters and router bits from them. I don't know about the sliding table attachments, but the people I know with Grizzly equipment speak well of it. So I would assume the slider is off similar quality as the rest of their equipment.

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
Well darn, I didn't get my new catalog form Grizzly today.:crybaby2: I'll have to keep on eye out for the mailman tomorrow.

D L

Mountaincraft

New User
William
The basic design for most common planers made in asia is the same throughout. Many parts from other brands are interchangeable. Even the older Delta stuff was very similar to Griz. That new portable 15 in planer / moulding cutter is rather interesting. Could have used that on a job last year.

M

McRabbet

Sadly, I didn't read the description for the sliding table attachment for the table saws very well; it does not fit the G1023SL and G1023SLX (I've got the SLX)! But another new entry for 2006 does have me intrigued; the new 18" open end drum sander on page 131. Looks to be a winner since it is wider than the small Delta or Performax models. What do others think?

Ryan

New User
Ryan Sellers
I noticed that drum sander also. It looked like a decent machine, and the price made it look even better! I like the fact that it's an open end, it would be nice to have a machine that can sand up to 36" panels. I guess I may go down to the shop and see if I have any room left- just a space big enough to fit a drum sander......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS