New again

Status
Not open for further replies.

JWBWW

New User
John
I joined here last spring but failed to close the loop of introducing myself...

I left marketing and advertising and design consulting in 2001 to work alone in my shop building custom cabinetry and furniture. With an interest initially of building a business, I quickly shifted that into an objective of simply satisfying myself each day. I'll confess to not achieving this objective 100% of the time but my success rate vastly exceeds my previous careers' rates.

Now, after ten years of doing this kind of work I'm shifting more to simple furniture pieces and less of the large wall units and built-ins. Big is just too cumbersome working alone and in a small shop.

I do a good deal of veneer work and have really enjoyed the rewards of laying up nice material that makes its own drama.

Much of my work I have photographed and the images are archived on my website...

http://www.jwbarclaywoodworking.com/

Looking forward to exchanges of information and ideas.

JWBWW

New User
John
Thanks Bobby. Incidentally... I am a regular utterer of Voltaire's "perfect is the enemy of good."

But no matter how often I recite it I still stay awake at night worrying about the mistakes that only I can see.

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
Welcome again. You have an impressive resume of works on your website! We will look forward to learning from you.

Scott

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS