Never introduced myself

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robb Parker

New User
Robb
Been lurking around for sometime, but guess I never introduced myself.

I'm Robb Parker and I moved to Sherrills Ford 5 years ago. I built a house and a shop behind. Born and raised in Memphis but got lost in the Manhattan area for 25+- years. Glad to back in the South!

I own Heritage Woodwright LLC, a millwork and cabinet company. Been a carpenter for 30+ years. We do interior trim, mantles, libraries etc and builtins. I am previledged to work with wood and enjoy my work. Someday I might even make a living at it.

I also enjoy woodworking for myself as a hobby. But as the shoemakers kids are barefooted, so too do my projects come last.

It is a pleasure to view you site and get a lot of information from it. Nice to see fellow carpenters helping each other out! If I can be of help I'll gladly post.

Thanks
Robb Parker
Heritage Woodwright

JackLeg

New User
Reggie
Welcome, Robb. Your kind of knowledge and expertise is always welcomed here.

Twenty five years in Manhattan!!?? I have trouble with 25 HOURS in that zoo!!

Looking forward to your posts.

:wsmile:

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Nice to meet you Robb. I look forward to your input in the forums, it sounds like you have a lot of experience to share.
Dave:)

PChristy

New User
Phillip
Welcome Robb, glad to have you on board - looking forward to seeing your input and did anyone tell ya that we do love those pictures - so lets see some:icon_thum

Dragon

New User
David
Welcome Robb. Sounds like you know your way around a woodshop. Looking forward to seeing some of your work. (we like pictures)

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
Welcome Robb, I am glad that you found our little sawdust pile. It is great to have you on board.

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
Hey Robb- welcome to NCWoodworker! Congratulations on your "escape" from Manhattan; my wife is from Long Island and used to have an office in Rockefeller Center.

The last time that I visited Manhattan, I was driving a crew cab dually. Not exactly the most maneuverable vehicle in that downtown traffic... Boy, I'll never make that mistake again!

Scott

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Welcome Robb to NCWW and NC. I am a former NY woodchuck or apple knocker. (Those are both terms that NY City folked call the country folks from upstate NY.) I would love to see pictures of your work.

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Welcome to the site, Robb!!!!:eusa_clap

I certainly look forward to reading more of your posts and perhaps learning more new things related to cabinet and built-ins.

Your level expertise is always welcome to many members including myself, for sure!:wsmile::wsmile:

Have fun and post often!

Wayne

Robb Parker

New User
Robb
Thanks to all for the welcome! Will probably learn more from you than the reverse. Some nice projects by some good wood masters here.

Not too computer savvy, so pictures will take some time but I'll work on it. Started home page at www.heritagewoodwright.com by my son who works with me. In it's infancy.

Thanks again
Robb

JackLeg

New User
Reggie
Hey Robb- welcome to NCWoodworker! Congratulations on your "escape" from Manhattan; my wife is from Long Island and used to have an office in RockefellerCenter.

The last time that I visited Manhattan, I was driving a crew cab dually. Not exactly the most maneuverable vehicle in that downtown traffic... Boy, I'll never make that mistake again!

Scott

Whatsamatter Scott? Cabbies push you around?

:rotflm:

Robb Parker

New User
Robb
Scott, know what you mean. Lived/shop in northwest NJ and went into city 2-3 times a week w/ crew cab and 20' enclosed trailer. Problem is not cabbies but where to put rig while unloading and during install.

Could block a lot of cars in when double parked:eusa_naug.

Doug, sorry but I didn't know anyone was born in Manhattan. Had to come to NC to find one I guess. Glad you found the light also and got out. Living definately better down here.

Robb

Outa Square

New User
Al
wow neat work. I'm a big fan of trim/finish work as i live in a older house just blocks from downtown newton; and my grandfather was a trim/finish carpenter.

I look froward to seeing pictures of your work.

sapwood

New User
Roger
Welcome to NCWWer, Robb!
After 30 years of trim and fit, you should be in great shape :mrgreen:

Roger

M

McRabbet

Welcome Robb,

I took a peek at your website and your work is very inspiring. We'll look for more posts and picts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS