Need wood for table legs

Status
Not open for further replies.

BumoutBob

New User
Bob
Where in western NC can I find KD 2" X 2" (8/4) maple, ash or white oak? All I need is 4 36" long pieces for a kitchen island. The island is to be 24" X 59" X 36" high. There will be a cabinet in the middle and open ends for the trash can. Three drawers will line the front. A granite top will finish it off, that's why I want to use sturdy wood. I could glue something up but it would generally be 1.5" finished. Dealers either don't have anything on hand or they want me to buy 100 bd ft minimum.

The job also requires the skirting: 1 X 6.5" X 56" ; 2 ea and 1 X 6.5" X 24"; 2 ea. This should be the same wood as the legs. HELP

dancam

Dan
Corporate Member
Bob,

Did you try BeeTree Hardwoods in Swanannoa (they're listed in the rsources for zone 1).

Dan C.

BumoutBob

New User
Bob
Thanks, Scott. Red oak isn't my first choice but could be used. Let me get back to you after searching a little longer.

M

McRabbet

Bob,

You might consider ordering an 8/4 UPS Bundle from Wall Lumber in Mayodan, north of Greensboro. They have all three woods you're looking for. Otherwise, I'd suggest you check Bee Tree Hardwoods as Dan Campbell suggested for local availability.

Rob

BumoutBob

New User
Bob
Thanks everybody for your help. I'll call some of the district 1 suppliers tomorrow. The website had all the answers---should have started here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS