Need two or three small pieces of veneer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike Camp

New User
Mike
Was wondering if anyone in the Triangle area (closer to Apex the better) had two or three 4" by 4" pieces of veneer I could either have or could pay a small sum for. I'm going to cut them into approx. 3 inch circles on my scroll saw for my son's toy box so around 1/16" thickness or so would work great. Really any species of wood that takes paint well will work, because they are going to simply be painted white.

CarvedTones

Board of Directors, Vice President
Andy
I don't have any that thick, but I may have a few to spare. I will have to measure and report back in a few...

CarvedTones

Board of Directors, Vice President
Andy
OK. I have a few more than 4" square, but they are way thinner that 1/16", more like 1/32" or less; the kind you cut with a craft knife.

EDIT - you will be better off taking Joe up on his offer if you want to scroll it. The scroll saw shreds the thin stuff I have.

Mike Camp

New User
Mike
OK. I have a few more than 4" square, but they are way thinner that 1/16", more like 1/32" or less; the kind you cut with a craft knife.

EDIT - you will be better off taking Joe up on his offer if you want to scroll it. The scroll saw shreds the thin stuff I have.

Thanks for the offer Andy. As you suggested I'm taking up Joe on his offer, by the way let me know if you ever want to come over and use that sliding miter saw you helped me snag off craiglist. I used it to cut some stair treads today, just like using a deli slicer. :eusa_danc

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
Mike, if you don't go with Joe's offer, I have some 1/16" veneer scraps (well, it's about .050 thick) that you can have.

I'm 15 minutes from Apex.

Scott

Matt Furjanic

New User
Matt
Mike, I'm in Monroe, but I do have 1/16 thick veneer from which I can give you a few small pieces. If you don't find any locally, it would only cost about a buck to mail them first class.

Matt...

Mike Camp

New User
Mike
Hey Scott and Matt thanks for the offer, buy Joe already hooked me up. I'll let you all know if I need anything else, thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS