Need someone with a bandsaw in or close to Salisbury

Status
Not open for further replies.

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
I am in need of a little assistance from someone with a bandsaw. I have eight small pieces from a set of end tables that need to have an arc cut on one edge. The pieces are around 20"x 2 1/2" by 3/4 thick. I also have eight feet for the same tables that need to have a small arc cut in them. The band saw is unfortunately not something I have at this time and have never used one. I live in Salisbury and do not mind driving a little. If you can assist me I will be glad to accommodate you however is necessary. This is the link to the picture of the table. The arcs are on the bottom base that connects to the feet.
http://us.st11.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/I/woodstore_1998_92480226

I can lay out the arcs and have patterns for the feet.

Thanks in advance!:help:

Last edited:

jaustin

john
Corporate Member
Re: Someone with a bandsaw in or close to Salisbury

I am in Lexington/Thomasville and you are more than welcome to use mind.

I work 2nd shift 3-11pm and usually off on Saturday and Sunday.
I do work on some Saturdays.

sapwood

New User
Roger
Come on folks!
Only three folks living nearby wanting to share their bandsaw :eek:ccasion1
Whadda site!

Roger

TracyP

Tracy
Thanks to all who have replied willing to help. I have sent a PM to Walnutjerry since he is so close to me. If that does not pan out for whatever reason, I may need to contact one of you. I hope to have my own soon but I have to make (build) some more room first. I am in the last steps of building this project and knew when I started it I would be asking this question, but it is hard for me to ask for help. Guess if I am gonna do woodworking I need to get over that!:rotflm:

Steve Martin

New User
Steve Martin
Tracy, I live just south of Faith and would be glad to let you use/help you use my band saw. Just PM me if you need to. I'm retired so time shoudln't be a problem on my end.

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
I had to make an arc similar to that long before I had a bandsaw and so many good friends as now.

I used a draw knife to make the cuts, it went a lot faster than I thought it would and the arcs were really smooth.

If you ever get in that spot again give it a try. :eusa_thin

TracyP

Tracy
Steve, and Steve, Thanks for the offers to use your equipment. I am currently waiting on Walnutjerry to pm me back. If that doesn't happen soon I will be ringing one of your pm bells. This is such a generous group of people. I would like to get this done by Sunday if possible.

walnutjerry

Jerry
Senior User
Tracy---------I did reply to your PM, unless you sent a second one which did not show up here. Maybe a glitch of the site.

Anyway, when you are ready let me know and we will work out the time.

Jerry

TracyP

Tracy
Tracy---------I did reply to your PM, unless you sent a second one which did not show up here. Maybe a glitch of the site.

Anyway, when you are ready let me know and we will work out the time.

Jerry

Jerry,
I did not get the reply. How does Saturday or Sunday afternoon sound? I have something planned Saturday morning. Or we could actually do it Friday after I get off from work. I don't know if the no reply situation was on my side or yours. I cleaned up my PM box and may have deleted it by mistake. Just let me know what works best for you. I will be done Saturday by 2:00 in the afternoon.

Thank You

walnutjerry

Jerry
Senior User
Jerry,
I did not get the reply. How does Saturday or Sunday afternoon sound? I have something planned Saturday morning. Or we could actually do it Friday after I get off from work. I don't know if the no reply situation was on my side or yours. I cleaned up my PM box and may have deleted it by mistake. Just let me know what works best for you. I will be done Saturday by 2:00 in the afternoon.

Thank You

Friday evening would suit me fine----------that would give you a quicker start on the rest of it. What time would work for you? When do you get off work?

Jerry

TracyP

Tracy
I get off around 6:00 PM. May get to leave a little early but not much if any. PM me with your directions from Jake if you could. I can leave the dealership on Jake at least by 6:15 at the very latest.

Thanks a Million:thumbs_up

walnutjerry

Jerry
Senior User
I get off around 6:00 PM. May get to leave a little early but not much if any. PM me with your directions from Jake if you could. I can leave the dealership on Jake at least by 6:15 at the very latest.

Thanks a Million:thumbs_up

PM sent----------Jerry

TracyP

Tracy
All set up thanks to NCWW.NET and it's fine members. Thank you to all that replied to this request for help. This is the true spirit of this site. "Friends Helping Friends" :notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

TracyP

Tracy
Just wanted to add that this request has been completed. I went to Walnutjerry's tonight and cut my arcs on his band saws. We shared some good conversation and I learned a new machine from a skilled craftsman. Thank you Jerry. Also thank all of you that replied and offered your help. NCWW comes through once again.:gar-Bi:gar-Bi:gar-Bi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS