Need material for rustic outdoor bench.

Status
Not open for further replies.

christopheralan

New User
Christopheralan
I have a commission for an outdoor bench similar to this one...

ba02132b514c8d1283f821e321770282.jpg

I am wanting cedar or cypress or something that will hold up for a couple few years, but also needs to be somewhat dry. Ideas? I am in Jacksonville, so anything past Reiligh I would need the pony exp.

Thanks!

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
Have you tried Ivey? He's in Burgaw, but I think he's on vacation this week. He usually has cypress, but I don't know about cedar.

Bill

RobS.

Robert Slone
Senior User
I have some free cedar posts that might work. I'll also soon be cutting down 2 large cedars in my yard which have died. I will mill lumber from the base logs but the rest is free to anyone who wants it. There's also a cedar log laying in the woods along the path which might work. Also have soom 4/4 cedar lumber - not free, but cheap.

I'm 20 miles west of Rocky Mount and 35 miles east of Raleigh on NC 581 2 miles south of Spring Hope.

Robert
252-478-5125

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
Cedar, cypress or white oak would be my local recommendations. Ivey is your closest bet, and should be able to fix you up with a nice cypress slab. If not, I can check my stock of cedar to see if I have a large enough log to cut a slab from.

Scott

Gregory Paolini

New User
Gregory Paolini
White oak would be a good choice, and should be easy to locate.

I'm over on the western end of the state, but just north of Charlotte is the Woodworking source - Rick, the owner, is a good guy - Give them a try

best,
Gregory

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS