Need help with receiving lumber shipment Chapel Hill area

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrianInChatham

New User
Brian
This isn't really a PE request, but I'm hoping someone can help me. I have a shipment of lumber coming in that will need to be received at a location with a loading dock and the means to unload a large pallet, presumably a forklift. This was going to be delivered to my neighbor's granite shop, but unfortunately he just let me know they lost their lease and scrambling for a new location, so will probably not be able to help with this.

Specifically, this is a pallet of maple lumber 11'Lx45"Wx42"H, weighs around 3K lbs. The shipment will be arriving possibly late next week, but more likely the week after. I should be able to remove it from the site within a day. Pittsboro\Chapel Hill is best, but anywhere in the R\D\CH area is fine. If anyone can help me I would be eternally grateful (and likely to express my gratitude in the form of some nice maple lumber for the helpful individual ;))

Thanks!

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
I can unload that at my farm in New Hill, should you wish. No problem with tractor trailer access either.

Scott

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
This is what I love about this forum :) Do you have a forklift or something to get it off the truck?
Thanks a million!

Uh... we have the technology required..... :gar-Bi

I can unload up to 3,500 lbs via a skidsteer with forks, up to 8,000 lbs via a backhoe with forks; over that and I need to set up my neighbors 25 ton crane (45 minute setup time).

CrealBilly

New User
Jeff
Uh... we have the technology required..... :gar-Bi

I can unload up to 3,500 lbs via a skidsteer with forks, up to 8,000 lbs via a backhoe with forks; over that and I need to set up my neighbors 25 ton crane (45 minute setup time).

Heavy just ain't a problem with a 25 ton crane :eek:

BrianInChatham

New User
Brian
I need to set up my neighbors 25 ton crane (45 minute setup time).
:eek::eek:

I'm not sure my wife would ever forgive me if I showed up with something needing that kind of capacity...

I'll take you up on your very kind offer, if you'd like to PM me your address. I seem to recall that you're a sawyer, so you may not have much need for a bit of maple, but if not then I at the very least owe you a beer or ten..

JimmyC

New User
Jimmy
:eek::eek:

I'm not sure my wife would ever forgive me if I showed up with something needing that kind of capacity...

I'll take you up on your very kind offer, if you'd like to PM me your address. I seem to recall that you're a sawyer, so you may not have much need for a bit of maple, but if not then I at the very least owe you a beer or ten..

Don't count Scott out for maple yet, he's up to his armpits in oak, but I don't think he has much maple. :gar-La; I'm sure that his wife could find something useful for him to make out of maple.

Once again, Scott you da man !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS