Need glass top table plans

Status
Not open for further replies.

wolfden

New User
Andy
A friend has asked me to make a table similar to the one in the photo. Does anyone know where I can find plans for such an item?

1798809_794492623917579_2139840451_n.jpg

Thanks!

wolfden

New User
Andy
Thanks, Joe, beautiful table. I guess I should have been more specific. My friend wants the top drawer to be the bottom of the glass enclosure. She also wants the 3 drawers to be identical. She does not want to have to remove the glass to change the items, just change the drawer.

Here's something along that line.

ehpoole

Ethan
She may want to rethink swapping drawers around.

At the pictured dimensions each of those drawers will be both very heavy and quite awkward to manhandle (or is that "personhandle" now?) as the pictured dimensions would appear to be somewhere in the 3ft to 4ft square range and that is a mighty large drawer! And that is without taking into consideration the weight and fragility of any of the drawer's contents.

If the end result is to be anywhere near the same dimensions then it may be worthwhile to break things up into 2 to 4 drawers per level so that swapping them around without need of a team of helpers will be more practical.

Just my thoughts as I was looking at the photo.

wolfden

New User
Andy
She may want to rethink swapping drawers around.

At the pictured dimensions each of those drawers will be both very heavy and quite awkward to manhandle (or is that "personhandle" now?) as the pictured dimensions would appear to be somewhere in the 3ft to 4ft square range and that is a mighty large drawer! And that is without taking into consideration the weight and fragility of any of the drawer's contents.

If the end result is to be anywhere near the same dimensions then it may be worthwhile to break things up into 2 to 4 drawers per level so that swapping them around without need of a team of helpers will be more practical.

Just my thoughts as I was looking at the photo.

Thanks for the comments. I'll pass that on to her. I don't know what dimensions she wants yet. I have yet to find plans for anything that is like this. :(

wolfden

New User
Andy
OK, if she wants to swap out drawers, scale this to size.

OOOOH, I like that! Thanks! I think I can wing that without detailed plans. That is unless you already have them or can point me in that direction. :gar-La; I've only been into woodworking for 2 1/2 years, so I'm not nearly as accomplished as I wish to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS