Need 8-10' of figured maple

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe Scharle

New User
Joe
3/4" F2S or 4/4 rough, Scott. Leave your garage open and I'll help myself. hehehe
I'd prefer at least 5" width to avoid glue up.
Joe

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Hi there, Joe.

I have a couple of 9" maple boards. I don't think that i would call it figured, but it is maple. One is 6' long - the other is 4' long.

You are welcome to take them if you could use them. :wsmile: (Only if you tell me what you are buildin':gar-Bi)

Let me know if you can use them. (They are about 3/4" thick.)

I owe you !!!:wsmile::wsmile:

Wayne

DaveO

New User
DaveO
The last time I was in Klingspor thay had some nice curly soft Maple for sale. They seem to keep it in stock pretty regularly. Might check with them :dontknow:

Dave:)

Joe Scharle

New User
Joe
Thanks for the info guys. Wayne, I'm going to build a Shaker sewing table. Walnut & figured maple. And I may take you up on your offer.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
and if Wayne does not have enough I might be able to furnish the rest.

cubicdissection

New User
Eric
Klingspor carries curly for $7 BF - pretty reasonable. When I loaded up for my cabinets there were some fairly wide boards in the back...figure was not eye poppin' but there was some present. All boards were 8 feet long. S2S on the thin side; about .8 inches. Depending on how long you need them and how much you have to joint them, you may not get .750 out of it. I know I ended up at .7 for my cab faces.

jlwest

Jeff
Corporate Member
There is a saw mill across the street from the state fair grounds on Hillsborough. They have some good kiln dried wood that is quite nice but the selection varies daily. I got some beautiful quilted maple there noy long ago. The specialize in wood mantles.

Jeff

Joe Scharle

New User
Joe
Jeff, that's probably Capitol Lumber. I asked the group first because I have some excess walnut and figured others may have some excess maple too.

farmerbw

Brian
Corporate Member
Joe, not sure if you've already "found" what you need or not. I happened to remember your request while I was at Wurth ( http://www.hardwoodgroup.com )yesterday and was looking at some Poplar. It so happened that the stack next to me was 4/4 Soft Maple and +5 widths were very common, in fact I was thinking you wanted 8"-10" widths and was actually looking for and found +8's prevalent as well as some 10s.

Brian

peteb301

Pete
Corporate Member
Met Joe yesterday and we were able to supply him with the needed tiger maple. Sorry neither of us had a camera nearby - but it did happen. :icon_thum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS