NCWWer shop visit and pen turning lesson

Status
Not open for further replies.

RandyJ

Randy
Corporate Member
:eusa_clap:eusa_danc:)! I had the distinct pleasure of meeting Gator (George) for the first time, touring his shop, seeing some of his beautiful work, and getting a pen tuning lesson today.

George was kind enough to offer to show me how he turns pens, so I took him up on his offer.

If you haven't met him yet, you're in for a treat. He is a great guy and was more than willing to share his expertise with a newbie like me.

He has some ingenious ideas on making use of every square inch of shop space. He also showed me some of his homemade jigs, fences, and modifications of items not originally intended as woodworking tools/accessories.

During the pen turning demo, he crafted a beautiful slimline pen from a piece of cedar, in just a few minutes! Along the way, he threw in some great tips I'm sure to use in my turning adventures.

All together, it was the best investment of 2 hours I have ever made. I was very impressed with the man, his generosity, his knowledge, and skills.:icon_thum

Thanks George, for your hospitality and giving up your time, to help me get started down the slippery slope of turning!

T

toolferone

They don't come any nicer then George. Glad you had a great time. This fourm is the greatest!!

gator

George
Corporate Member
And the LOML wonders where I get my swelled head. Where but on this forum can an old duffer be made to feel like a pro? Randy, it was my pleasure to have you visit. I hope my ramblings helped some.

George

RandyJ

Randy
Corporate Member
And the LOML wonders where I get my swelled head. Where but on this forum can an old duffer be made to feel like a pro? Randy, it was my pleasure to have you visit. I hope my ramblings helped some.

George

George, you absolutely helped my understanding of turning:icon_thum and gave me some great tips and ideas as well!

I forgot to mention, as well as providing invaluable, guidance and insight, George also shared some of his pen blanks with me:eusa_clap. Now I have some nice wood to [strike]butcher[/strike]...er ...practice on!

Thanks again George!

DaveO

New User
DaveO
I am glad to hear this, that is what this site is all about. Friends helping friends. :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Dave:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors