NCWoodworker pony express.....Dunlap Scrollsaw

Status
Not open for further replies.

clowman

Clay Lowman
Leg one was completed by Dick541! Dick got it from Davidson County to Apex. I met Dick this morning and got it to my house. Leg 2 complete. I'm going to line up a motor for this thing. Dick hooked up the belt and gave it a whirl (using his drill for a motor), and it ran smoothly. I also left Dick's house with a stand he let go for this SS. I believe in the original post for this saw, there were 2 motors offered for this saw. Please take a look at the pictures I have taken of it here and let's decide which would be the best fit motor for it.
Seeing to it that I have no clue on motors and such... I'll let someone with actual knowledge decide what will work best for it. The original thread is here if you missed it.

Michael.. I think this will be a good SS for you. DL has offered to conduct the next leg of the journey. I'll be contacting him after I get the motor for it.

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
Clay, just let me know when you are ready and we can work out a link up for the next leg of the journey.

D L

J

jeff...

Let me know if you need a motor for scroll saw. I have a few 1/2 HP electric motors if that's the size your looking for.

Thanks

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
This is a duplicate of first posting. First one just plain evaporated. The saw would have originally had a 1725 RPM, NEMA 48 frame, oilite bushing motor. Should have a couple in shop. Tommorow I will be out of town. (On first Sunday of the month, I drive my wife and her parents to WS to see her soon to be 96 year old aunt. As part of the bargin, I get to stop at Rockler in GSO). I wiil check either Sunday nite or Monday. On Tuesday, I have a job over on Pagen Road. On trip over there I go down NC 42 through Willow Springs. Maybe we can figure a drop off point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS