NC Woodworkers Facebook Group

Union Grove Saw & Knife

New User
UGS&K
Hi there! We received some bad feedback about our services on the NC Woodworker FB group and would like to respond with an opportunity to resolve the issue. Unfortunately, we are not allowed to create any posts or comment on any posts.

Are there any moderators here who can help us with this?

We promise, our response will be professional. We truly just want to help in any way we can. :)

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
Sorry to hear that, while I have not used your services, I know everyone here on NCWW has been happy...

I think if you reach out to Mark Fogleman our Admin on the FB page or (@Tarhead) here on the Forum, hopefully he can help...

Union Grove Saw & Knife

New User
UGS&K
Thanks @Hmerkle! We appreciate those kind words and all the support and business we have received from the great folks here.

We will reach out to Mark and/or @Tarhead for assistance.

With just about any business, regardless of size, there will be the occasional customer who is not happy with the work or services performed. We want to make sure to receive that valuable feedback, learn from it, and ultimately make right with the customer in the best way possible.

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
With just about any business, regardless of size, there will be the occasional customer who is not happy with the work or services performed. We want to make sure to receive that valuable feedback, learn from it, and ultimately make right with the customer in the best way possible.
And that
1675097079053.png
sentiment is why UGS&K is a great company... JMHO

pcooper

Phillip Cooper
Corporate Member
When problems arise with a business I deal with, the solution was always smoother when I presented the problem in a kind manner and expressed my expectations for resolution that were not outside of the realm of possibility. Unfortunately most of the public will not tell the business about the problem, but they'll tell ten or more face to face how bad that company is. Having been in the service industry for a lot of years, my negative feedback always seemed to come back to me third party... I'd rather have dealt with the person one on one and fixed the problem.

Union Grove Saw & Knife

New User
UGS&K
When problems arise with a business I deal with, the solution was always smoother when I presented the problem in a kind manner and expressed my expectations for resolution that were not outside of the realm of possibility. Unfortunately most of the public will not tell the business about the problem, but they'll tell ten or more face to face how bad that company is. Having been in the service industry for a lot of years, my negative feedback always seemed to come back to me third party... I'd rather have dealt with the person one on one and fixed the problem.
100% @pcooper

We feel the vast majority of customers we work with would do just that, reach out to us with any issue should one arise and we would resolve it. The third-party example is how we found out about this one. One of our loyal customers saw a post and made us aware. Hopefully we can help them resolve their issue.

Wilsoncb

Williemakeit
Corporate Member
I’m not on FB, but occasionally will use my wife’s iPad to look at the NCWW page. Keeping it positive, I really appreciate the vast knowledge and respectful people in this forum group.
I recently sent a bandsaw blade to Union Blade and Knife to be sharpened. Ended up they were not able to sharpen my variable pitch blade. While that was a bummer I was still pleased with their customer service. They always answered the phone quickly and answered my questions. One time the person I needed was out running an errand. Rather than calling me back, I was transferred to their mobile phone. Can you imagine that happening when you call your cable provider?

Union Grove Saw & Knife

New User
UGS&K
Sorry but this comment is not true.
Hello @tri4sale! I'm sorry to hear you had a bad experience with us! You may have already reached out to us, but if not, please give us a call tomorrow (currently closed) and we would love to discuss with you. Or, you are more than welcome to send me a message here and I'll be glad to discuss as well right now and provide you with my cell number.

Office # 704-539-4442.

Union Grove Saw & Knife

New User
UGS&K
I’m not on FB, but occasionally will use my wife’s iPad to look at the NCWW page. Keeping it positive, I really appreciate the vast knowledge and respectful people in this forum group.
I recently sent a bandsaw blade to Union Blade and Knife to be sharpened. Ended up they were not able to sharpen my variable pitch blade. While that was a bummer I was still pleased with their customer service. They always answered the phone quickly and answered my questions. One time the person I needed was out running an errand. Rather than calling me back, I was transferred to their mobile phone. Can you imagine that happening when you call your cable provider?
Thanks for the kind words @Wilsoncb! As you noted, variable pitched blades of all types can be difficult to sharpen. Especially the bandsaw blades. We have automated machinery for the round blades which is a plus, but on the small band side, not so much. Thanks for giving us a try though and we look forward to helping you with any other needs you may have in the future.

Craptastic

Matt
Corporate Member
Like stated on Forrest Gump "It happens." It's inevitable that some customer for some reason somewhere will not be totally pleased with how things worked out for them when they encountered an issue. And as a former small business owner I know and feel your pain trying to rectify the situation and make sure your reputation stays up there.

It's how a business deals with it when it happens that set the good ones apart from the not so good ones. Good luck getting it straightened out.

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member

Union Grove Saw & Knife

New User
UGS&K
FYI, the thread on the Facebook group (North Carolina Woodworkers | Attn. Do not send your Wood-Mizer turbo 747's or your turbo 739's bandsaw sawmill blades to Union Grove Saw and Knife Inc) has been closed. The last entry in the thread was a detailed post from a Union Grove Saw & Knife representative asking the original poster to contact them to help resolve the problem.

I'm a moderator for the FB group, feel free to reach out if you have any questions or need assistance.
Thanks @Bas!

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS