My trip to Wood Workers Paradise as promised

Status
Not open for further replies.

cc194217

New User
Mark
All,, this is what Jeff has been hiding... it is nothing short of a thrill to have actually seen in person what treasures Jeff has.

http://www.ncwoodworker.net/pp/showgallery.php?cat=1716&ppuser=4254

I put the pictures up in an album.

My first thoughts of what he had to offer was scrapes from furniture stores he bought out. Nothing prepared me for what I saw.

Jeff, his mother and the other people in this shop were down to earth, friendly and very, very helpful.

All you do is have to walk his aisles and the projects want to build themselves.

His prices are very reasonable...

Be prepared to spend 3-4 hours rooting thru all the shelves. He just moved into this warehouse not too long ago and things are not all in place yet... but that is the thrill... rooting for that piece you are needing or what pop's into your mind as you touch it.

Easy directions... I 40,, x 86.. (go towards Spruce Pine),, under the RR trussle,,to first light.. turn right.. go to next light (Baldwin) and turn right, go about 1/4 mile to first warehouses on the left..

His number - (828) 460-0721 (315 Baldwin, Marion, NC)

about 95% of what he has is solid wood.. very few presswood scrapes with veneer...(and that is counting without taking shoes off.)

So make that special trip... it is worth the effort...

Mark

M

McRabbet

Mark,

Thanks for your efforts to uncover this hidden gem at the foot of the mountains. I have thought of making the trip to try to find their place before, but have never made the trip (it is about 60 miles for me). I may very well do it one of these days if I'm considering making a mirror or a stool or a mantle or whatever!

By the way, I applaud your efforts on helping other members to take advantage of the wood that Roy Kelly has in Old Fort at the old Catawba Hardwoods facility -- I made the trip there about 2-1/2 weeks ago and bought just over 250 BF of Maple Shorts for our WW Club's toy making efforts for $100. I just wish I had more storage space or I would have bought more!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors