My promise kept to Kyle :0)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChrisMathes

New User
Chris Mathes
A while back, I made a trip over to Kyles'. After spending a couple hours chatting and admiring all of the unique pieces of wood he has to offer, I pulled away with some beautiful pieces of wood. In particular, he helped me out with some gorgeous claro walnut, maple burl, etc. Some of this claro is, imo, nicer than any exotic wood that I've ever seen! There was also a 'French' walnut that I cannot remember the name of it.

Anyhow, Kyle asked that I post a pic when I turn a pen out of some of this walnut because he was interested in seeing how it looked. I've not had the time I wanted in the shop lately, but finally got out there to turn one.

Kyle, thanks again! Even though I am not getting the time in the shop that I would like, I periodically just go out there to look at what I brought home that day :)

The pen is a rhodium Jr Gent
PenPix_047.jpg

Eaglesc

New User
Eagle
Beautiful instrument, from where I Sit fit and finish look good.
I love figured walnut of any kind.
Even when it is plain it is beautiful in contrast with other woods.

ChrisMathes

New User
Chris Mathes
Thanks, all! I agree, the more I have worked with walnut, the more I have come to appreciate it's beauty! This piece was especially nice with the dark lines of the grain...I was excited to turn it.

Yes, that is a Jr Gentleman's pen from CSUSA. Occassionally, they organize a group buy from there on PenTurners.org. The discount is worth waiting as some of the pen kits get rather pricey...

Cheers!
Chris

ptt49er

Phillip
Corporate Member
Beautiful wood!! you guys sure make it hard to resist falling into the vortex...must stay away from spinny things...must stay away...

~Phillip

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors