Trust me it looks a lot better then what my pictures show:elvis:

523 pieces 12" tall, and I think it come out ok :eusa_danc
Thanks for looking
indian2.jpg

indian.jpg

ptt49er

Phillip
Corporate Member
That is AMAZING! That is great work, I can't imagine all the time invested in getting your segmentation in place. The center ring just tops it off.

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
Times must be gettin' tough. You keep workin' outa yer scrap pile.:gar-La;
Beautiful piece. The results of your efforts raise the bar for us all.:icon_thum
I can see techniques in that work that give me ideas about similar items with my children's names in them.

PChristy

New User
Phillip
WOW! Earl you ROCK! man this is amazing - If it looks this good in pics I would love to see it in person - keep up the great work

JackLeg

New User
Reggie
Beautiful piece, Earl. You are the MAN in segmented!

:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

DaveO

New User
DaveO
DANG Earl, that's outstanding. And the photography ain't too bad either. Having seen your work in person, I know it is greater than shown in the pics. I think that you need to find an art gallery to start showcasing your work :icon_thum

Dave:)

ErnieM

Ernie
Corporate Member
That is absolutely fantastic! :notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

Ernie

erasmussen

New User
RAS
That is cool. Can you explain how you did it (I am a rookie!).

Its made up in rings 21 rings in this one the closed rings are made with segments cut like pie pieces sort of and glued the open segments are cut smaller and glued on 1 at a time and of course the center ring gets more complacated

erasmussen

New User
RAS
DANG Earl, that's outstanding. And the photography ain't too bad either. Having seen your work in person, I know it is greater than shown in the pics. I think that you need to find an art gallery to start showcasing your work :icon_thum

Dave:)

I just wish I had finished it in time to send it to the extravagnza

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Earl, you're absolutely right, your photography sucks! More accurate would be to say that unless the picture was taken by <insert name of famous photographer here> a photo cannot do it justice. Astounding! I especially like the oriental motif in the ring.

I hope your photography skills don't improve, so don't practice, just keep on turning. Go on vacation. Take up gardening. Otherwise, NOBODY is going to have a shot at winning the calendar contest next year :)

Rob

New User
Rob
That is a beautiful piece Earl.

As far as photography, get you a small photo tent. Improved mine greatly.

sapwood

New User
Roger
Earl,
Normally, I'm not allowed to post in the turning forum :no6xn:
"I don't make the laws, I just break 'em" :rolleyes:

That's one heckuva fine piece of art!
We'll hire someone to take the photos for ya :icon_thum

Roger

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
I wish someone would buy me a thesaurus so I could learn a few more words to describe your work. I'll go with "superb" this time. :rotflm:

Steve Martin

New User
Steve Martin
Adding a light on either one side or the other, even just a lamp with no shade will probably improve the photo. I believe it has something to do with reducing the contrast wetween the backgroound and foreground.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS