My Pet project

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scott Marshburn

New User
Scott
Here is a pet project of mine. It is a cathedral top trunkthat I have been working on. It was drawn using a combination of Sketchup (Tolayout the joinery and other details) and eCabinets. I also drew the lock inSketchup then exported it as a .stl file into eCabinets. The rest was drawn ineCabinets. This Trunk can be cut on our Thermwood router using its modelingfeature. I still have a lot of tinkering to do but as I said it is a petproject.

Attachments

• My Chest.jpg
    My Chest.jpg
    151.4 KB · Views: 155

kave

Kettrell
Corporate Member
Well Scott, That's one HELLUVA PET!! Nicely done!! As of today, I may no longer post pictures of my work on this site!

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
Scott,
REALLY cool and you took to heart my suggestion for sharing pictures!

Can't wait to see the real thing!

Is eCabinets easier to use than sketchup or are you just more familiar with it?

Scott Marshburn

New User
Scott
Hi guys thanks for the complements and feedback.
Bill this is still in the design stage. The image that I posted is actually the first draft. I mess around with it from time to time and have since made several adjustments. I do however intend to make this thing someday.Based everyone’s feedback I may be sooner than I think.

Hemerkle In a lot of ways eCabinets is easier to use than Sketchup but at the same time there are a lot of things that sketchup will doquicker. I use eCabinets because that is the program that we use where I work and it is the software that our cnc router uses.This is why I tend to use them both especially on a project like this. It is kind of hard to explain unless you have used both programs. A good example would be tangent arcs. eCabinets does not have a function to draw tangent arcs but Sketchup does. So if I need this type of geometry I tend to draw it in Sketchup then change the number of segments of the arcs to 2 then export the geometry as an dxf file then I canconnect the dots so to speak. I plan on uploading a video on this very subject to my You Tube channel soon but I do have a few that already show how I use both programs. You can click on my link if you would like to check them out.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS