My new Workshop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ncdawgs1882

New User
Jonathan
So as some of you have seen from my shop photos its not much of a corner! but I've only been at it a month or so! Well today I got the greatest news possible My Grandfather is passing his shop down to me!!!!!:qgreenjum Everything from his shopsmith & bandsaw to his router & shopvac I couldn't be more excited He won't be here til april 7th & its a long drive from Las Vegas but I hope they get here safe (When I say they I mean my grandparents but i hope the tools get here safe too!):jiggy:Oh geez I cant wait I'm gonna take lots & lots of photos of my grandparents & my new toys as soon as the get here! I know my grandfather is thrilled I have found a new love for woodworking & he gets to see all his toys put to good use! now I gotta make the grandparents lots of stuff!

DaveO

New User
DaveO
That's awesome Jonathan. Seeing as there are no pictures yet I'll offer a pre-YOU SUCK. I am sure that your grandfather is going to get as much pleasure seeing his tools live on in the hands of his grandson, as you will get for receiving them. Make him proud :icon_thum

Dave:)

MrAudio815

New User
Matthew
Wow that's one awesome Grandfather yo uhave there. And yes you do deserve the Pre- YOU SUCK award of course. :icon_thum I can't wait to see what you get and to see the nice items you make with your new tools. :jiggy:
Welp maybe I'll get my grandfathers tools, oh wait he's66 years old, just finished a house last year and sold it and buying another house and will probably use his tools to fix up this house and then 2 to 4 years later move again and do it all over. Yup my grandparents move every 2-4 years usually 4 years.
Anyway Congrats and have fun, fun, fun!!!:grin::smile::smile::smile::smile:

Matthew & Rachel
Custom Home Audio
M&R Audio

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Congrats Jonathan! I'm sure your grandfather is very proud, tools can be a very personal thing and handing it down to another generation is awesome.

Based on your level of excitement I think 10-15 pictures are in order, if not more :)

woodylarry

New User
Larry
Johnathan, Same thing(Shopsmith, TS, BS, DC, numerous routers, etc... gifted) happened to me a few years ago only it was my uncle's tools. It says something about our hobby(addiction?) that the older folks care enough to give their life long collections to grandsons(nephews), knowing that those same grandsons/nephews are so VERY appreciative.

Would we feel the same way about something like a car being handed down? Even though we would be appreciative and it might have a higher $ value it wouldn't be the same.

I wouldn't part with any of it especially having experienced some of the beautiful things that were made with those tools over the last 50 years.

Also says something that I am able to use a handed down 50 year old tool(the ShopSmith was built in 1959) to make beautiful things with wood.

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
Jonathan that is awesome. The most awesome part is that you get to share these things with your grandfather. I wish I had that option available to me. Your grandfather rocks, and you suck

RandyJ

Randy
Corporate Member
It's a wonderful thing for a grandfather to share his love of woodworking with his grandson in this way.:icon_thum
You are lucky to have him. Cherish the time you get to spend with him and make sure he never regrets passing along his prized possessions.:notworthy:
Please be careful:saw:and good luck with the new tools!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors