My new carry pen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gary G

New User
Gary
It's almost futile to post a pen after Eagle's masterful work, but sometimes it's the wood that speaks for itself.

This'll be my new daily user for a while anyway:

BlkTnAmbBurl1.jpg

Rhodium with Black Titanium Jr. Statesman Rollerball outfitted with Amboyna Burl.
Finished with MM, CA, and buffed out with a carnuba wax topcoat.

Comments good, bad or indifferent and suggestions welcome.

Gary

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Beautiful, your fit looks perfect, and the finish is fine. I love Amboyna. My personal pen is a Baron in two tone Amboyna, although I don't carry it around, it sits at my desk. I can't give up a pen that a friend made for me a couple years ago as my daily work pen...it's taken a lickin' and kept on tickin', it's become a CA finish test :lol:

Dave:)

Eaglesc

New User
Eagle
I think the wood should always speak for itself.
I just can't afford or find the wood that speaks the loudest and there is a lotof competition out out there.
Great job Gary!

bluewing92

New User
Norm
Gary,

That one looks great. :eusa_clap I don't recall if it was one that you had at the meeting.

You know you have to bring in new pens for every meeting from now on.

Gary G

New User
Gary
At Eagle's suggestion, I reshot this pen outside on a medium blue background. The natural sunlight behind my shoulder allowed me to capture more detail without any real glare. What'cha think now?

attachment.php

Norm, this is a new pen. I'll have it next month if no one snags it before then.

Gary

Attachments

• BlkTnAmbBurl5.jpg
    BlkTnAmbBurl5.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 148

Gary G

New User
Gary
Dave,
Thank you so much for the kind words. It is an honor for me to be here.
I've learned so much from y'all in the short time I've been trying my hand at penmaking and I have sooooo much more to learn. I doubt there's anything I can teach you but I will share what I know -- that's for sure.

Gary

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS