My first Bowl Attempt.. I'm bitten

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyle

New User
Kyle Edwards
I found some nice Dogwood burl recently and decided to try and turn a burl cap into a bowl. I took my time and Chris gave me some pointers but here it is...

I love the embedded eyes in this wood..

I sealed with a butcher block oil and will do a final sealing with a Ward finish.

I am now working on a bell lid out of curly claro walnut and will turn a finial and foot soon.. will post when finally complete.

Thanks for looking..

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
welcome to the darkside Kyle! It's a slipery slope but oh what a ride!:gar-Bi great first bowl.:icon_thum:icon_thum

Kyle

New User
Kyle Edwards
Oh Kyle - not you too :swoon:

Its horrible..dreaming of turning mineral stained poplar in 20+' dimension..

Chris is such an enabler. He is bring over the monster lathe to the farm and we will be turning mega bowls soon..

argghh..

;)

CrealBilly

New User
Jeff
Well Maybe... just maybe... it's a new dawn, a day to consider all things new, a day to pull up your boot straps and wade out through the mud to the barn and slaughter the fatted calf.

Kyle turns his first AWE SOME bowl and Scott Brown a republican wins the Massachusetts senate race held by a democrat since 1953. I mean something has changed... If Kyle has taken to the lathe... Maybe I should too.

I just slapped myself - I'm ok now, resume regularly scheduled programs

Thanks

nelsone

New User
Ed
Nice job Kyle! that's a pretty piece of wood.

Soooo, now you're gonna give Anatoly some competition???

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

The DARKSIDE has claimed yet another... :eusa_danc:eusa_danc:eusa_danc:eusa_danc:eusa_danc

Kyle, that is a beautiful bowl from a beautiful piece of wood. :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap I'm just worried because you're a sawyer. Just don't let it get in the way of regular business. :rotflm:

Nah, keep at it bro. I look forward to seeing more of your work. :icon_thum

ptt49er

Phillip
Corporate Member
Please tell me this isn't going to hurt my wonderful source of lumber!!

Beautiful bowl Kyle!

BillPappas

New User
Bill
That is one heck of a nice first bowl and to start with a burl...very impressive stuff!!! Congrats, well done.

Regards,

Bill

MrAudio815

New User
Matthew
Great Looking First Bowl, Great looking grain. Would love to find some of that.

Oh & WelCome To tHE DARKSIDE~! Uh Ha ha ha.

4yanks

New User
Willie
Very nice. What a beautiful piece of wood. You certainly did it justice, first one or not!

DavidF

New User
David
NO WAY! is that a first bowl!!!! Kyle that is simply amazing, I love it!! Just for edification, how did you chuck the blank as far as grain orientation, to get that wonderful rim. Was the blank a log piece?

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
Great looking bowl Kyle.

I need to get over to your farm sometime, just not enough hours in the day...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS