My current status

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
I can't tell you how many hours I have been working as of late and this week I have been fighting my first case of the gout. I had heard it was painful but OMG. I am much improved since it hit but not 100%. To top it all off I have to travel to NY next week on business. I doubt I will have any on-line time in NY expect for maybe a brief period in the evening.

I really hope things get back to normal soon.

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Sorry to hear about your health issues Scott - hope you feel better! Have a safe trip next week. Where are you headed, Somers?

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
Strawberries, Grapes, Blueberries, Cherries. Provide almost instant relief for my gout. And they taste good too. Better than any medicine I have ever tried for it. Get well soon my friend. Gout is painful. And I am serious about the fruit providing relief.

b4man

New User
Barbara
Oh Scott, I'm so sorry you have that misery. Get well quick and safe travels next week.

Barbara

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
And, all of those fruits are good covered in either chocolate or as a flavoring in Vodka.

Sorry you are suffering. Hope you feel better soon.

Jim

Strawberries, Grapes, Blueberries, Cherries. Provide almost instant relief for my gout. And they taste good too. Better than any medicine I have ever tried for it. Get well soon my friend. Gout is painful. And I am serious about the fruit providing relief.

Tar Heel

New User
Stuart
I imagine your newest best friend is the medication colchicine. It has worked wonders for me when I've had gout. I've been on crutches one day and able to mow the lawn the next day after taking colchicine. My doctor said to take it every two hours until I had taken 16 in a 24 hour period or until I got diarehea. I've never made to 16. I have had several episodes over the years but it now under control. I take 400 mg of allipurinol every day and will do so for the rest of my life. Good luck.

Ray Martin

New User
Ray
Hey Scott,

I do hope you're on the mend. I've heard that gout is awful. Since posts to this thread have decided that you need certain fruits... while you're in Poughkeepsie, dive north a few minutes to New Hyde Park. There's a nice eatery there, just off Rt 9. (Culinary Institute of America). :gar-Bi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors