Most GMC tools on sale at Amazon...

Status
Not open for further replies.

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
a friend had one of the GMC table saws, and the blade wouldn't maintain the chosen height for any kind of length of cut.... Haven't looked at any of their stuff since..

J

jeff...

a friend had one of the GMC table saws, and the blade wouldn't maintain the chosen height for any kind of length of cut.... Haven't looked at any of their stuff since..

So if I hear you right (STAY AWAY)?

Marlin

New User
Marlin
They are no Dewalt or Bosch but better then Black and decker and Harbor freight.

Their smaller items from 10inch Saw down to the hand held tools seems to get good reviews. But table saw, 12" Miter saws, etc... seem to be a little loose and need work to get them set up well.

I have a GMC biscuit cutter and it has plenty of power and works well for the price.

I ordered $145 GMC tools tonight and a cheap 7 1/4 blade to get me to $150 so I get the free Screw driver :)

hannah01

New User
Joe
FWIW, I had a GMC portable table saw and a compound miter saw. The aluminum part that connected the miter adjustment handle to the saw broke off cleanly. The aluminum just snapped. Fortunately, Lowes took it back under the GMC 2 year warranty deal. I got a Hitachi instead--never regretted that.

The table saw was functional, but just. Non-standard miter tracks, grooved aluminum top, unreliable fence. I bought it on clearance and I got what I paid for... Buyer beware.:-?

GMC is great in the short term on a budget, but the long-term functionality of their tools is questionable, IMHO.

P.S. I have read good reviews of their biscuit joiner.

Marlin

New User
Marlin
Yea the table saws and the 12" miter saws seem to be weak for them. The 12" miter uses a different arbor then all the others so it takes a harder to find blade etc...

But all the small items/hand tools seem to do well. Funny that a lot of items are now in the top 100 list of tools being sold right now at amazon. :)

JimThomasson

New User
Jim
I purchased a GMC router/router table from Lowes a few years ago. It was really shoddy .... never could get the height adjustment to work ... metal pieces bent or broke, etc. Fortunately, Lowes took it back with no hassle!
I would NEVER buy a GMC branded tool again!

Marlin

New User
Marlin
Dremal tool is now down to the $13 range. That and most of the small tools are in the top 100 sales now.

I got my GMC dremal tool today. Sounds good and works nice. Came with some grinders, heads, and other little attachments.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS