More pens I turned this weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob

New User
Rob
Churning out Christmas gifts. I think I've got the CA finish down. The secret is, that it doesn't take a lot, and use accelerator. Most of the wood pens are BLO/CA. Again, very little BLO, about 6 drops, then 3-4 coats of medium CA. Only takes about 6 drops per coat.

pens_4_.JPG

The first one is my first antler pen. It's the Euro design. I'm giving it to a guy at work for giving me a few racks of antler to play with.

Second one is a cigar pen, not sure of the wood, someone gave it to me. Might be Kwila, Bob (woodartz gave it to me)

Third one is another cigar pen, not sure of the wood, it was in my turning stuff.

Fourth is a Euro pen, I believe it's ceder, again given to me by Bob (woodartz)

Fifth is a Euro pen from Ambrosia Maple, again the wood was from Bob (woodartz)

Sixth is a slimline, for my daughters Christmas, made I believe from paduk, given to me by Gary (NCTurner)

Thanks for the wood, thanks everyone for the lessons, I'm enjoying turning pens. I have some exotic wood on order, and some more gifts to turn.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Very nice Rob :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap
The Ambrosia Maple one (fifth from left) has got to be my favorite. Awesome figure ( I wouldn't have guessed Ambrosia Maple, but more like Buckeye Burl) and great fit and finish.
:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Dave:)

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
WOW!!!!! All in in one weekend, eh!!!!????:icon_chee

I really like the slimline paduk!!!:icon_thum:icon_thum:icon_thum:icon_thum:icon_thum

They will be defiantly very cherished gifts. I'm sure of that!!!:icon_thum:icon_thum

You guys make it look sooooooooo easy. (Maybe some day I may need to give it a whirl.:embaresse)

Thanks for sharing that fine work.

Wayne

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Rob, you have been a busy Santa's helper. Those are some nice looking pens. GREAT JOB!!!! :icon_thum

Rob

New User
Rob
Well Dave, I think that is what I was told it was. I've started to label my blanks now because I can never remember what they are or who gave them to me.

But it's my favorite too. I'm giving that one to my dad.

woodArtz

New User
Bob
Very, very nice pens! You keep getting better and better each week. Way to go Rob!:icon_thum:icon_thum:icon_thum:icon_thum:icon_thum:icon_thum:icon_thum

Rob

New User
Rob
They look great! Keep up the good work! How was the Antler to turn?
Not bad, smell wasn't near as bad as some made it out. Hardest part was drilling the hole, antler is curved.

My daughter will love that slim line from the Paduak you gave me. I had a couple of them break from drilling too fast. The rest I'm using in a glue up with the maple you gave me. (I think it's maple, same size as the paduak)

Splint Eastwood

New User
Matt
Very Sweet! I like the fact that you used a variety of woods and pen styles and they all came out very nice!

I know that all of your family and friends will treasure them.

Happy Holidays!

Matt

Rob

New User
Rob
I have not had a chance to turn this week. Worked late every night, spent time with the parents over the holidays, tomorrow will be used to fabricate a winch mount for my trailer. If it's raining Sunday, then I guess I'll turn, instead of picking up a Walnut log.

JimThomasson

New User
Jim
It's all Dave'Os fault!!! I just finished 22 pens for Christmas myself. Got two more to go. Then I got my wife to teach me to use her sewing machine and I made each pen a little case from felt. Pictures to come later.

But ..... those sure are nice looking pens you made!!!! Keep turning and churning!

Woodman2k

Greg Bender
Corporate Member
Rob,
nice pens,all of them.If I had to pick one ,number 5 would be my choice.Great figure and color.
Greg

Rob

New User
Rob
I've got 3 more to do, then a matching pen/pencil/letter opener to do. #5 is going to my dad, my favorite so far also. But I've got 3 rosewood burl blanks to make the matching pen set, can't wait to see how those turn out.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
It's all Dave'Os fault!!! I just finished 22 pens for Christmas myself. Got two more to go. Then I got my wife to teach me to use her sewing machine and I made each pen a little case from felt. Pictures to come later.

But ..... those sure are nice looking pens you made!!!! Keep turning and churning!

I'm glad I could help :evil::evil::evil::evil:
I bet you're gonna start blaming your sewing hobby on your wife, now :gar-La;:gar-La;

Dave:)

JimThomasson

New User
Jim
Nah, it's a whole bunch more fun just to blame you! LOL ...... besides, YOU can't end me up in the doghouse!!! :rotflm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS