Seriously - I FINALLY finished setting up my Leigh D4 that I picked up during the infamous Rockler sale price screwup almost a year ago. I put it together with the intention of using it on a project last winter, but I sort of "canceled" that project. You may have noticed on Woodnet recently that a lot of people who got their D4's when I did just recently started using them - so I'm not the only one! :-D
Anyway, I followed the instruction manual step by step, to the letter. Believe it or not, that IS the practice piece. I initially screwed up on the pins, but an adjustment of the jig resulted in me cutting away the messed up part. The little gap you see in that top pin is a result of a me letting the router tip slightly during that initial cut. Lesson learned (hopefully).