Monty
:eusa_whis

IMG_0426.jpg

IMG_0427.jpg

:cool:

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Wow, I'm impressed. What you cut them with? And how many practice runs on scrap before the almost perfect final product? :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap Dave:)

Monty

New User
Monty
"almost" perfect?!?!? :crybaby2:

:lol:

Seriously - I FINALLY finished setting up my Leigh D4 that I picked up during the infamous Rockler sale price screwup almost a year ago. I put it together with the intention of using it on a project last winter, but I sort of "canceled" that project. You may have noticed on Woodnet recently that a lot of people who got their D4's when I did just recently started using them - so I'm not the only one! :-D

Anyway, I followed the instruction manual step by step, to the letter. Believe it or not, that IS the practice piece. I initially screwed up on the pins, but an adjustment of the jig resulted in me cutting away the messed up part. The little gap you see in that top pin is a result of a me letting the router tip slightly during that initial cut. Lesson learned (hopefully).

Doing that piece makes me want to do MORE!

Big Mike

New User
Mike
Looks pretty darn good to me! I have a Keller and love it. Never had the spare cash to go all the way with the Leigh. Nice first try!!!!:cool:

sapwood

New User
Roger
Insomniac,

I can see why you're excited about doing more! Great work. :eusa_clap

No doubt you'll want to send me the box joint jig you made--you won't be needing it anymore. :lol:

Humbled,
Sapwood

DaveO

New User
DaveO
I thought you cut them by hand :eusa_doh:, never give away your secrets :slap: . I've been beggin' for the little brother of the D4 for X-mas. Everyone cross your fingers for me. Dave:)

Monty

New User
Monty
Hehehe... just went back to Woodnet and took a little trip down memory lane! I'd forgotten about this:

OOPS!

:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS