Mills Custom Sawing Final Kiln Dry Lumber Run

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrealBilly

New User
Jeff
Scott Smith, called me tonight to remind me I have a little over 500 Board Foot of 4/4 Quarter Sawn Red Oak out at his place. I sawed this Red Oak last winter form a few nice butt logs before I took my saw mill to my father in law in southern Illinois. I vaguely remember taking the lumber to Scott in the early part of December 2009 and he put it in one of his sheds to air dry. Scott said it's down to around 12% moisture content now and he's going to load it in his kiln tomorrow to bring the MC down to around 8% and run it through a sterilization schedule to kill off any unwanted lingering critters. If any NCWW member is interested in purchasing some of lumber please reply to this thread the price is $3.25 BF. We'll be having the lumber run this coming Sunday July 25th out at Scott's farm in [strike]Beaver Creek[/strike] New Hill. Scott also told me if there is more interest than lumber he also has some Quarter Sawn Red Oak that can be used to fill over run.

(Added 22-July-2010) Scott informed me there is some flat sawn that was in the stack, Flat sawn is $2.25 a Board Foot

Bobcat Bob - 55 BF (30 FS / 25 QS)
Sawduster - 25 BF (QS)
Wayne - 60 BF (FS)
~ 360 BF Left

Thanks

Tarhead

Mark
Corporate Member
Jeff,
I wish I could join you this Sunday but family obligations have me busy.
I didn't realize you had moved your saw. This is sad news to me. Our previous lumber runs have been a big part of the cement that has built this site. For me and all of the past beneficiaries of your hard work and generosity, THANKS!

BobcatBob

New User
Bob
I would like to have 25bf of the QSRO.

By the way, did Scott move? I checked the map for Beaver Creek and it is located next to Fort Bragg. I thought he lived in New Hill.

Any time on Sunday been decided on yet?

Bob

CrealBilly

New User
Jeff
I would like to have 25bf of the QSRO.

By the way, did Scott move? I checked the map for Beaver Creek and it is located next to Fort Bragg. I thought he lived in New Hill.

Any time on Sunday been decided on yet?

Bob

Hey Bob 50 BF it is - about Scott moving... Even though this is Scott Smith were talking about and those Driver Licenses people do weird things when you drop the name of Scott Smith in a Jedi Mind Trick and... major feats are like nothing to Scott, I doubt he could move all that stuff very quick :gar-La;

Beaver Creek, I meant New Hill - Sorry about that :embaresse

CrealBilly

New User
Jeff
Jeff,
I wish I could join you this Sunday but family obligations have me busy.
I didn't realize you had moved your saw. This is sad news to me. Our previous lumber runs have been a big part of the cement that has built this site. For me and all of the past beneficiaries of your hard work and generosity, THANKS!

Hey Mark, I gave my sawmill to my father in law. He's on a fixed income and could use some extra Ben Franklin's . I had him in the drivers seat when he was here for a visit, he took to sawing like a fish in a spring brook, plus that big grin on his face was a pretty overpowering convincer...

If you still want to get in on the run, we could set some aside for you and I'm sure Scott wouldn't mind you stopping by his shop to pick it up. And thanks for the kind words... Seeing what you guys build out of some of the wood I've cut and Scott has dried is really cool, makes the hard work well worth the effort :thumbs_up

Thanks

sawduster

New User
Robert
i'm in for 25bf .....I wish I could afford more but it just ain't gonna happen :nah:
prolly gonna have to fight FredP for any culls :rotflm:

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Scott informed me there is some flat sawn in the stack. Flat sawn is $2.25 a Board Foot.

Thanks

Jeff,

I wouild like to pick up about 60 BDFT or so.

I do have a preference for nice clear flat sawn if it is available. (My orders are to try and build a couple of end tables to match a FSRO coffee table I did two years ago! :confused_ If not, I can mix it w/QSRO.)

Thanks so much for doing this in spite of this weeks heat!!:gar-La;

See you Sunday.

Wayne

CrealBilly

New User
Jeff
Jeff,

I wouild like to pick up about 60 BDFT or so.

I do have a preference for nice clear flat sawn if it is available. (My orders are to try and build a couple of end tables to match a FSRO coffee table I did two years ago! :confused_ If not, I can mix it w/QSRO.)

Thanks so much for doing this in spite of this weeks heat!!:gar-La;

See you Sunday.

Wayne

Heat is a extra added benefit... 60BF Flat Sawn it is, Thanks

BobcatBob

New User
Bob
Scott Smith, called me tonight to remind me I have a little over 500 Board Foot of 4/4 Quarter Sawn Red Oak out at his place. If any North Carolina Woodworker member is interested in purchasing some of lumber please reply to this thread the price is $3.25 BF. We'll be having the lumber run this coming Sunday July 25th out at Scott's farm in [strike]Beaver Creek[/strike] New Hill.

(Added 22-July-2010) Scott informed me there is some flat sawn that was in the stack, Flat sawn is $2.25 a Board Foot

Bobcat Bob - 30 BF
Sawduster - 25 BF
Wayne - 60 BF
~ 385 BF Left

Thanks

On Sunday I hope to pick up 30 bf of flat sawn RO and 25 bf of QSRO. See you Sunday

sawduster

New User
Robert
Sorry Bro Jeff, I've had to take it to the garage and I am out of the race for tomorrow :sad11:

I've sent you a PM :cry_smile

CrealBilly

New User
Jeff
I just got off the phone with Scott - The wood is done cooking in the kiln. We'll meet out at Scott's Farm around 10:00 AM tomorrow, see you all tomorrow. I think most everyone knows where Scott's farm is, if not and you need directions please PM Scott ---> scsmith42

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS