Mike's Fall BBQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
I'd like to have a small BBQ/get together at my place Saturday September 26.

Nothing big nor fancy, I'll have beef and chicken maybe some veggies. You are welcome to bring a covered dish or drinks.

If you would like to come please let me know so we can cook enough to serve everyone.

If you can't come please don't post, that makes it hard for me to count.

Believe me, I know most folks have other things to do and it is a long drive for 99.99% of you.

If you just want to PM or e-mail me that's OK too.

We will have a campfire in the evening to sit around and discuss matters of world importance.

Might be some wood work of some kind (or not).

We have plenty of room in the woods and around for primitive camping, but no outside facilities. You can rearrange the shop if you want to sleep on the floor. Might be a space or two in the house for old friends that want to sleep over. I'll try to get the field on the hill mowed if anybody wants to go up there. 4-WD only, the road up there is pretty rough. I need to get a tractor out to grade it again.

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
Ivey,

I'll save your spot for the pop-up, and look forward to seeing you again.
I would say bring some wood but I don't have room to store anymore. :rotflm:
Do I remember something about Donna's famous family recipe? :icon_thum

Jim,

It'll be too early for deer season, so how about a couple bags of ice? :dontknow:

CrealBilly

New User
Jeff
Sept 26th should be light jacket weather right? tentatively count me in please, I mean heck if Reggie coming why not. I'll see if I can't poke ole Fred and Duster also...

JackLeg

New User
Reggie
Mike, Mary and I won't be able to make it this time.:no: We'll be in Nova Scotia that week. Biz and pleasure. Give everyone our best. Always enjoy coming to your place. Someone please keep Ivy straight for me! LOL! :rotflm:

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
Awww,

Reggie, I tried to check with folks this time and thought I was in the clear.

Hope you have a great time up there, bring back some cool weather with you!

Let me know what weekend you have open in the spring so we can plan ahead. :rotflm:

rbdoby

New User
Rick
Mike,

Vickie and I are planning to come to your BBQ/get together on the 26th. Can you give me a time. Vickie doesn't close the gym until noon on Saturdays. What do we need to bring?

I've got a chair and a stool that I've built that need some constructive criticism.

Rick Doby

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
We'll be taste testing all day and probably the biggest concentration of gastric activities around 4:00.

As to your construction I always say a quarter inch lag bolt couldn't hurt. :rotflm:

Glad y'all are coming! :icon_thum

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
Somebody asked about the time...

Breakfast starts at 7am lunch around 11 ish and grand BBQ around 4 ish.

Some are hanging out Saturday night for snacks around the campfire and a few are camping out.

CrealBilly

New User
Jeff
Mike - My son just informed me he's flying in Sept 26th. Which means, I won't be able to make it :( But I get to spend time with my son :)

M

McRabbet

Dagnabit! Every time one of Mike's great getaway events comes up, something elso gets in the way -- this Wednesday, we are driving to Apex to take care of our grandson through the weekend. Mike, I promise that I'll make one of your get togethers, I just don't know when!

Rob

New User
Rob
So how many poeple are we looking at Mike? I'm going to talk the wife into making some cheesecake squares.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS