Mid-West Tool Collectors Meeting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ozzie-x

New User
Randy
Mid-West Tool Collectors Assoc. (MWTCA) will be holding a meeting April 8, 2006 at the Lawyers Road Baptist Church in Charlotte, the address is 7541 Lawyers Road. Registration begins at 8:00 AM (or Earlier), cost is $15 for members and $8 for guests. The meeting theme is carving tools and chisels, and there will be some nice chisel displays. Display, buy, sell trade is 8:00 AM to 10:00 AM and there will be many tables of nice old tools for sale. The program is at 10:00 AM and will be presented by John McAlister on carving claw and ball feet, his work has been in Fine Woodworking. The auction will be at 11:00 AM and lots of old tools will go on the auction block - I've gotten some great deals at this auction. Lunch will be served at 12:00 served by the ladies of the church and the cost is included in the registration fee. The NCWW'rs are invited, and anyone wanting to go just tell them at the door that you're a guest of Randy Osborne. Last MWTCA meeting had a good NCWW turnout and I think everyone enjoyed themselves and got some nice tools and good deals. So come one, come all and join us in April.

M

McRabbet

Steve D said:
Randy,

Sounds like a great meeting, I hope I can pull it off.:icon_thum
Ditto -- Maybe we can ride together -- I'd like to go for the speaker and for the tool sale -- I'm still looking for a Stanley #59 Dovetailing jig (I've continued following them on eBay, but have not bid recently).

Rob

Ozzie-x

New User
Randy
Yes, all of you guys try to come. McRabbet, the "treasure" piles here have not yet given up a #59 jig and I'll continue to look. Not sure if I can car pool because that will be a crazy weekend for me- we're having a 60 hour shutdown on a project and I'm going to sneak off to go to the tool show.

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
I went to the last MWTCA meeting Randy invited us to in Durham and had a great time. It is well worth attending the meeting if you can find the time. They had a bunch of guys there selling old planes and hand tools at some pretty reasonable prices.

Hmmmm:eusa_thin .........wondering if I can find the time myself to make it.

D L

M

McRabbet

NCPete said:
Just another saturday event I can't attend!:cry: :eusa_booh
Man, you need to get a job that lets you live life to its fullest! Rob

Ozzie-x

New User
Randy
Ozzie-x said:
Mid-West Tool Collectors Assoc. (MWTCA) will be holding a meeting April 8, 2006 at the Lawyers Road Baptist Church in Charlotte, the address is 7541 Lawyers Road. Registration begins at 8:00 AM (or Earlier), cost is $15 for members and $8 for guests. The meeting theme is carving tools and chisels, and there will be some nice chisel displays. Display, buy, sell trade is 8:00 AM to 10:00 AM and there will be many tables of nice old tools for sale. The program is at 10:00 AM and will be presented by John McAlister on carving claw and ball feet, his work has been in Fine Woodworking. The auction will be at 11:00 AM and lots of old tools will go on the auction block - I've gotten some great deals at this auction. Lunch will be served at 12:00 served by the ladies of the church and the cost is included in the registration fee. The NCWW'rs are invited, and anyone wanting to go just tell them at the door that you're a guest of Randy Osborne. Last MWTCA meeting had a good NCWW turnout and I think everyone enjoyed themselves and got some nice tools and good deals. So come one, come all and join us in April.

Thought I would resurrect this posting to remind everyone about the Mid-West meeting next weekend in Charlotte.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS