Mid West Tool Collectors Association Meeting

Status
Not open for further replies.

hobbsed

New User
Ed
Hi all,

Thought I would post this one more time for those that might have missed it before.

A M-WTCA Area Q meeting will be held in Raleigh on Saturday, July 22. About 240 people from all over the eastern half of the US will be attending. Great program, demonstration, tool displays, tools for sale, BBQ lunch, fellowship with others that love old tools, etc. There will be both collector as well as user grade hand tools - mostly woodworking.

For more info, contact Ed Hobbs at hobbsed@portbridge.com

Thanks Ed

PS.. For more info on M-WTCA, check out the web site at mwtca.org

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
I am there too.:eusa_danc Dropped the check in the mail Monday morning. Roger, are you interested in linking up before the meeting again? Or was my driving too much for your blood pressure last time?:lol:

D L

sapwood

New User
Roger
D L,
Hey, I'm interested. :-D Neither the driving nor the blood pressure was a problem . . . it was the help you gave finding hand tools I couldn't live without ;-)

Looks like I'm gonna have to get up at 0 hundred hours anyway so I don't miss any 8 am bargains 8-O

So shoot me a PM if you have a plan, I'm flexible on the linkage :mrgreen:

Roger (who doesn't have a plane larger than #4 smoother)

chris99z71

New User
Chris
OK, you guys are making me feel bad about my indecisiveness...
Especially since I drive by Ed's farm every day...

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
Roger, PM sent.

Steve, are you planning to attend the meeting?

Chris, get off the pot and send in your registration fee. We had a great time at the February meeting and I think you will find it interesting.

D L

sapwood

New User
Roger
Ozzie-x said:
I received the official MWTCA meeting notice in the mail today. As Ed said, the meeting is Saturday July 22 at Ed Hobbs' farm in south Raleigh, the address is 4417 Inwood Road, Raleigh NC 27603 if you want to mapquest directions. Coming on I-40, exit 297 is Lake Wheeler Road, traveling south on Lake Wheeler, Inwood Road is 3 miles south on the left. The meeting starts at 8:00 AM (or before). Buy-sell-trade is from 8:00 -10:00 AM and there will be lots of tables set-up with mass quantities of old tools for sale. The program is at 10:00 AM and will be a presentation on Baltimore plane makers. Lunch is 11:30. At 1:00 pm, the auction will be held, there's usually many many nice old tools in the auction.

Cost is $15 for guests that includes lunch (catered BBQ pork and fried chicken with all the trimmings). Just tell them you are a guest of Randy Osborne. Due to the increasing numbers attending, pre-registration is required by July 12. You can pre-register by sending your info and $ to Ed at the above address or call Ed at 919 828-2754 or email him at hobbsed@portbridge.com for further info. If you don't pre-register or find that you can come at the last minute, don't dismay, feel free to come on and join us, but you may not be guaranteed lunch.

So, come one, come all and join us on July 22. It's a lot of fun buying-selling and trading tools outside under the big trees at Ed's Farm. Ed's collection of old tools and teardle powered tools is worth the trip in itself. I'm probably going to take my tables and set-up, so if anyone is looking for something specific, drop me a note.
:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap Randy's post from an earlier thread!

I'm excited . . . just ordered a NCWWer hat and golf shirt so I'll look nice :mrgreen: Now I gotta get a parachute and pot (er, headgear) so I can ride with DL :eusa_pray :tongue3: :wave:

Roger

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
D L Ames said:
Roger, PM sent.

Steve, are you planning to attend the meeting?

Chris, get off the pot and send in your registration fee. We had a great time at the February meeting and I think you will find it interesting.

D L
Yeah, I guess I'll go. I was so mad the last time, I swore I wouldn't go to their meetings again. But that's an immature response on my part. It was one old bigoted fart and not a reflection of their whole membership.

Do we want to all meet and go together again? BTW, I'd rather drive with DL than Roger:lol:

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
Steve, right now Roger and I are planning to link up at his house again and leave from there unless you think it would be more practical to link up at your place. I am easy. I would love to have you ride with us again. It was sorta fun watching you trying to apply that big ol' Fred Flintstone brake of yours from the passenger seat as we were flying down I-40.:lol:

We can work out the details Tuesday night at the TWA meeting.

D L

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
It appears that it is too late to pre-register, but I'll be there anyway. It is not like I will fade away to nothing if I can't eat lunch:rolf:

sapwood

New User
Roger
Awright! We can meet at Steve's if that helps.

Steve asked me to drive his car once since he was tired. About 5 miles later he decided he wasn't sleepy any more :eusa_thin

Roger

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Actually gang, Ed's farm is much close to my house than Steve's or Roger's if y'all want to meet up there. That will keep DL from burning excessive fossil fuels..and I get to show off my shop to some of my friends. I plan on going but haven't pre-registered, because you never know what the boss (my daughter :lol: ) will decree is going to happen on the weekend.
Just an offer, to ponder

Dave:)

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
Dave, as previously posted. I am easy (but not cheap).:lol: Lets talk about it at dinner Tuesday night. I can Easily fit four to five in the truck with a few extra bodies in the bed as long as they are not over 6', in which case I will have to drop the tailgate and bring a few extra bungee cords.

D L

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Sounds like a plan.... riding in the back of a pick-up, that's NC mass transportation :lol: :lol:

Dave:)

hobbsed

New User
Ed
Hi all,

It is really not too late to pre-register. Get a check in the mail on Monday and we should get it by Wednesday. Hate to have anyone miss out on the BBQ lunch. That way we also have pre-printed name tags for you at the registration desk.

Thanks for your help on this as it just makes things go a lot easier for us here. 250 or so is a rather large group to work with!

Ed

PS.. By joining M-WTCA, you will get notices of all NC meetings (we have 5 per year) plus the quarterly publication (Gristmill) and an old reprint. We will have membership forms here plus you can go to our web site at mwtca.org for additional info. The Gristmill keeps you in the loop plus a lot of good info, articles, etc.

sapwood

New User
Roger
D L Ames said:
I can Easily fit four to five in the truck with a few extra bodies in the bed as long as they are not over 6', in which case I will have to drop the tailgate and bring a few extra bungee cords.

D L
I'm calling "shotgun" :slap:

Roger

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS