Martinsville hobbyist

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cato

New User
Bob
Hey guys and gals,

I have been on this site since December 09 and just now have found my way to this forum to introduce myself. Sorry for the delay, I guess I just jumped right into topics after doing my profile, and I didn't mean to be rude doing that, just ignorant of protocol.

Anyway, I am a hobbyist that enjoys some shop time on the weekends. I am a plant manager during the week at an aquaculture facility.

Other hobby is bird hunting, and since I am not on the coast duck hunting anymore I enjoy trying to fool turkeys into getting into my sights. Most seem safe in that regard and the few that didn't make it, probably would not have been good for the gene pool.

Moved here in 2007 and enjoying having a larger workshop than previously in Virginia Beach.

Most of my woodworking experience has been with structural lumber, building deck, storage shed, etc. and not fine woodworking. I have done a couple of projects such as built in bookcases, and re did our fireplace mantle, but most has been around the home repairs.

It may be that I just like having and buying tools, but whatever the attraction I do have fun in my shop, even if its just in upgrades and building work tables and such.

I have been slowly upgrading my equipment so that I might try making a small hardwood table or cutting board and see how I do. Last year got a Ridgid table saw, and this year a Makita 10 inch SCMS and a killer HD close out deal on the Dewalt 735 planer, which now means I can head to Mayodan and get some hardwood to try out my planer.

Umm, so that's about it I guess and again I apologize for not getting to this forum in the beginning.

Ray Martin

New User
Ray
Hi Bob,

Welcome to the NCWW pile-o-sawdust. Glad you joined us. So... you're within striking distance of Mayodan / Steve Wall? If you haven't been there, you're going to love it. Great wood, prices, and people.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Welcome Bob, I am glad you could join us. We welcome any and all participation, so you didn't make any error by not giving an intro until now. But it is nice to get the opportunity to meet and greet new members.
I look forward to your continued input in the forums.
See you around!!!

Dave:)

M

McRabbet

Welcome to the website, Bob -- glad you found us a while back and we're happy you've let us know a bit more about yourself. We'll look forward to more participation and seeing some of Steve Wall's finest wood transformed into your next project!

dick541

New User
dick cunningham
What aquaculture facility do you work for in Martinsville? I work in collinsville at a machine shop 3 days a week ( I am retired ). maybe we can get together some evening and have a chat.
dick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors