Made a Lumber Run

Status
Not open for further replies.

WoodWrangler

New User
Jeremy
Found an ad on Craigslist for 8/4 cherry lumber ... about 45 minutes from my house no-less. At $3/bf I figured I'd better stock up, as finding lumber around here (south Florida) is often difficult. The stuff ended up being pretty nice, and I also picked up some Poplar and 12/4 Mahogany slaps (about 15" wide and 40 years old probably).

It is EXHAUSTING moving lumber ... from picking the stack, to loading, to unload, then having to re-arrange already stowed wood in the shop to make room ... I'm TIRED!

Photo_Feb_28_1_39_29_PM.jpg

Photo_Feb_28_1_39_27_PM.jpg

Photo_Feb_28_1_39_34_PM.jpg

Photo_Feb_28_2_16_50_PM.jpg

Photo_Feb_28_3_15_42_PM.jpg

Photo_Feb_28_4_30_36_PM.jpg

SubGuy

New User
Zach
I know the feeling Jeremy, I too will jump on a good lumber deal with or without project in mind.

WoodWrangler

New User
Jeremy
Nice score, Jeremy. Do you have a project lined up for it, or just hoarding? :)

A little of both ... cherry is probably my favorite wood and one I want to use for more house furniture. While I don't have any plans yet, I expect with time I will. Also, I recently purchased the Benchcrafted hardware and am planning on building another bench. In 2009 I built my first "real" Roubo-inspired bench, and have now decided to make some design changes and take on the project again (a project I really liked). I had planned on making it from hard maple, but I just can't get my hands on it locally... then this cherry surfaced. So between the cherry and some European steamed beech I purchased from Mike (Shamrock) last year I think I'll have what I need to get this bench built (later this year).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors