Looking for zebrawood veneer

Status
Not open for further replies.

russellellis

New User
Russell
Hey guys, Im looking for some zebrawood veneer. Ive done way too many google searches and have come up the good, the bad and the ugly. So.....where would you guys get zebrawood veneer if you needed it. Im getting ready to start a jewelry armoire out of zebrawood and walnut.
The cost and availiblity of zebrawood lumber here in OKC is making me plan on using veneer for this project. There is a Woodcraft here, with outrageous lumber prices, and no veneer. Other local lumber suppliers dont have the veneer either, so I guess im going with some online ordering.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, as well as any tips...as this will be my first veneering project.

I still need to change my location on here, my wife was relocated for work from west virginia to okc.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
How thick are you looking for and how many feet? I know WC sells the lumber and if you have access to a band saw and wide belt sander you can make your own.

BillPappas

New User
Bill
I have purchased from certainly wood in the recent past and I received good value and excelent product/service. http://www.certainlywood.com/

Use the inventory search, it looks like they have Zebrawood in stock. If you call them they will send you samples from the flitches that interest you.

Regards,

Bill

russellellis

New User
Russell
Scott, true, resawing would be best, but.......i dont have access to a w/b sander. We just moved to OKC 3 weeks ago. Im needing maybe 5 square feet, since that is they way most sell it.

Bill, I had looked at those guys before. It lists zebrawood in their inventory, but once you search for it, none appears in stock. I'll give them a call to double check.

Dan, thanks for that link. If you dont mind, how were his final auction prices on the lots you bought? You can pm me if you dont wanna post it here.

Anyone have experience with veneersupplies.com

Thanks all

BillPappas

New User
Bill
I have used veneersupplies.com and the service and product was good with them also. The last time I purchased veneer I needed to place a large order and that led me to certainlywood. I was pricing bubinga at the time and a like for like sized order I found certainlywood less expensive...and they had the quantity I wanted. I just did a search on certainlywood.com and found 4 entries for Zebrawood at $1.95 - 2.25 / sq/ft - if you buy a bunch they give discounts on top of that price.

Regards,

Bill

russellellis

New User
Russell
Bill, weird. If you use the "search veneer inventory" in the top menu, nothing comes up for veneer. I found the 3 you mentioned. Silly websites.

BillPappas

New User
Bill
This is what I get when I pick Search Veneer from the main menu then select Zebrawood from the drop down and then click submit...very strange that we get different results. It must have something to do with the different browsers I guess:

cw.jpg

View image in gallery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS