Looking for plans - Bar mirror and shelves

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ralrick

New User
Rick
I'm looking to make a shelving unit/mirror for behind our bar in the basement. I found a few pictures with some ideas I like but wondering if anyone has seen actual online plans for making something of this nature. I am hoping to have a shelving unit on each end and then a mirror with bottom shelf for holding bottles between the shelving units. I'd like to incorporate some lighting in each area as well.

I'm trying to determine if this should be one unit or if it should be three individual pieces. Overall size will be about 48" high and 7-8' wide. Looking for plans just so I can see how others have designed something of this size.

skeeter

New User
Charles
Sorry Rick, I don't have any plans but, unless it's to be built-in, think about having to move it somewhere and set it up. I would think 3 pieces would be better in that respect.

JimmyC

New User
Jimmy
Rick,

Could you start with a mirror similar to this style and perhaps add a shelf underneath. Then build a shelving tower on each side of mirror? (Three separate pieces as opposed to a single wall unit?)

http://www.woodsmith.com/plans/arched-rail-and-stile-mirror/

Wayne

Rick,

I think that Waynes idea would make a great bar mirror, like he said with a shelf underneath. If you make the top of the mirror a little deeper you could also use that for rarely used bottles or knickknacks. Sconces on either side would make it look good also.

Just MHO

Ralrick

New User
Rick
I like the look of the mirror - that is close to what I had in mind for the center section with the addition of a shelf underneath, the top would be expanded to incorporate some lighting and then two shelving units on the ends.

This is all new to me so I'm not sure how to build in a way to hang something of this size and would I use any type of decorative pieces to connect everything together or just leave as three separate units? I'm searching the web for plans that show any type of large cabinets and how they are mounted, connected, and/or integrated . . . . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS