Looking for parts help, please

Status
Not open for further replies.

tonyps

New User
Tony
Hi ya'll, new guy here...I have an old Craftsman 12" Bandsaw, model: 113.243300.
I am in the process of reviving it and need to locate a set of "thrust bearings".
Dimensions: 1" diameter, a tad more than 1/4" thick, 3/8" center opening for mounting screw.
Thanks in advance for assistance. I did look on the Sears parts site, but the diagrams are such poor quality, I decided to make them my last choice. We all know how difficult it is to get a real person on the phone these days...
Tony ...

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
Most bearings are sized in mm's. It would be a help if you can get metric measurements. Also, look on sides of bearings for a number. If you find number, any bearing source can help you. You can take old bearings to bearing distributor and have them match them. Years ago, Dixie Bearings, now called something else which I don't remember, was located across the street from Durham Tech's machine shop building. Look in yellow pages for bearing distributors.

tonyps

New User
Tony
Thanks for the reply. Call me old fashioned, but I do not use the Metric system, though I do know how....The bearings are so old, the markings are no longer visible enough. I have posted to a few distributors websites, waiting to hear back.
Thanks again.

P Crews

New User
Paul Crews
Tony, the link below takes you to the sears website. Scroll down to parts and click buy parts online. Type in your craftsman model number, hit go, and then you can search for specific parts or look at a parts diagram. I found this rather usefull when I was fixing my tablesaw. Good luck with the bandsaw.

http://http://www.sears.com/sr/misc...ervices.jsp?BV_UseBVCookie=Yes&vertical=SEARS

www.sears.com/sr/misc/sears/custserv/custserv_index_repair_services.jsp?BV_UseBVCookie=Yes&vertical=SEARShttp://www.sears.com/sr/misc/sears/...ervices.jsp?BV_UseBVCookie=Yes&vertical=SEARS

Last edited:

walnutjerry

Jerry
Senior User
Tony--------I found bearings for my old sears BS at an electrical repair shop. Took the old bearings and they cross matched----------the new bearings were much better bearings.:)

Jerry

chris99z71

New User
Chris
Tony,
Using the sears link that Paul posted and your model number, the site lists two bearings and a bearing spacer.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]BALL BRG [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]STD315228 [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$ 6.49 [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]BALL BRG [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]STD315238[/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$ 13.49 [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]SPACER [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]69023[/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$ 7.99 [/FONT]
green_pixel.gif

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Note: Subtotal does not include shipping, handling and tax.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Subtotal: $ 27.97 [/FONT]

You can also check to see if any of the Sears repair centers have the parts in stock. Neither the Raleigh, Durham or Greensboro repair centers have any of these. No big surprise.

tonyps

New User
Tony
Evening,

Thanks for the assistance. I was holding off going through Sears, I have not had good experiences with them. However, I have reached the end of my searching, so I called and placed the order today. Keeping my fingers crossed they get the order correct.
Tony ...
:eusa_thin

tonyps

New User
Tony
Re: Looking for parts help, please-Grrrr

And wouldn't you just know it.. An acquaitance of mine was looking up something related and came across Ball Bearings:Miniature bearing:Ceramic Bearing:Ball Bearing (Bearings galore) They have the exact item I need, a bag of 10, for what I paid for one through Sears....Live and Learn.....
Thanks to those of you who responded with assistance on locating this...
Tony ...
:crybaby2:

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
There is a place in Raleigh off of Highway 64/New Bern Ave that sells bearings. If you take what you have with you, you should be able to get a quality set for a get a good price.

woodrat

New User
Archie
Hi ya'll, new guy here...I have an old Craftsman 12" Bandsaw, model: 113.243300.
I am in the process of reviving it and need to locate a set of "thrust bearings".
Dimensions: 1" diameter, a tad more than 1/4" thick, 3/8" center opening for mounting screw.
Thanks in advance for assistance. I did look on the Sears parts site, but the diagrams are such poor quality, I decided to make them my last choice. We all know how difficult it is to get a real person on the phone these days...
Tony ...

Tony,

Check here...Motion Industries...919-779-7400
or here...Applied Industrial Technology...919-231-6030
(Used to be Dixie Bearing)

Hope that helps.

Woodrat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors