Looking for Baltic Birch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael Mathews

Michael
Corporate Member
UHMW stands for Ultra High Molecular Weight plastic. It's very abrasion resistant yet machinable with standard drill bits, saws, etc. Makes excellent slides for any jigs that slide in a T-track or miter slot. That's what I used on my sled. It's wonderful stuff!

BKHam

Bradley
User
MDF is so heavy but otherwise a good choice. Capital City will have oak plywood that is 11 ply, not quite BB but pretty nice. if i remember correctly its in the $55 range. plus that is 4X8 and not 5X5.

quick note....if you have to cut it down to fit into your car, capitol city can't put 5X5 on their panel saw.

NOTW

Notw
Senior User
Don't shoot me down in flames, but have you considered melamine? Prefinished, and slick on both sides. Just be sure to "break" edges as they are SHARPE! DAMHIK For runner, Agrisupply stocks a 10' length of UMW for around $15. It's 3/4 wide, and 3/8 thick. Easily ripped to width on table saw.

I already have some UHMW that I can cut down from an old cutting board, it's around 24" long and 3/8" thick so it will work perfect for runners

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS