Looking for a floor drill press in the Triangle area

Billm0066

Bill
User
Anyone in the Triangle have a floor standing drill press they want to part with? I have a bench top but need to use it for taller pieces. If not im going to get the Wen for $415. I dont need anything super high end, just need to drill some holes in taller pieces once in a while.

gator

George
Corporate Member
I have the fifteen year old version of this one. I have replaced the chuck with a keyless (just for convenience) and made a table with replaceable cutout for drill area. For medium use it has been great for me. YMMV

George

Billm0066

Bill
User
I have the fifteen year old version of this one. I have replaced the chuck with a keyless (just for convenience) and made a table with replaceable cutout for drill area. For medium use it has been great for me. YMMV

George

Are you selling it? I've seen the Harbor Freight one and it looks decent. Ive also been looking at the Wen one as well which is $415 and seems a bit nicer.

Charlie Buchanan

Charlie
Corporate Member
For occasional work I have done this with my bench top drill press:
1) Turn the whole press around so the column is at the edge of the bench.
2) clamp the foot of the press to the bench.
3) loosen the set screw.
4) rotate the head 180 degrees so it hangs over the side of the bench.
5) use the side of the bench to square up a makeshift table or use blocks on the floor.
Don’t use it often but it has worked for me several times.

gator

George
Corporate Member
Are you selling it? I've seen the Harbor Freight one and it looks decent. Ive also been looking at the Wen one as well which is $415 and seems a bit nicer.
Not selling, just offering my review on this drill press

George

mpholway

Board of Directors, Events Director
Matt
Staff member
Corporate Member
Still looking? try this...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS