Status
Not open for further replies.

tcarey66

New User
Todd
Hi. First post... I have a small, but growing custom guitar building company in Wilmington, NC. As business has grown, it is becoming obvious that I need to be on the road concentrating on selling. Therefore, I need someone local who would interested in some finishing work... and maybe some fabrication and assembly if that person wanted it. But the painting, etc. is a priority, right now.

The guitar bodies would come in as carved, bare wood, made of materials like Alder, Ash, Mahogany, and Maple. The most common finishing needs would be grain filling, sanding, prepping, painting, and clear coating. The paints, and clears are almost always nitrocellulose lacquers, but more and more are being requested dyed and clear coated with a stained back.

As we all know how big NC is, someone East of Raleigh would be preferred, and it would be a must that the right person be fully set-up and ready to go for this type of work.

Right now, there can be a month with 3 or 4 orders, but the next month we will have 12 to 20 pieces to finish. I hope to create a more steady workflow by freeing myself up for selling when I know that the finish work is being taken care of.

If you have any questions, or comments, be sure to write me at tcarey66@yahoo.com. Thanks very much for your time. You can see examples of some of our work on our Facebook page by searching "Eclectic Guitars." Our guitars are marketed to professional musicians, aspiring pros, and players that appreciate top quality instruments. We take great pride in the craftsmanship in our instruments, our vintage roots, and the tasteful way we try and incorporate modern materials, and functionality into our electric guitars. Thanks very much for taking a look at my post, and if you know someone who might be interested, please forward my information.

Best Regards,

Todd Carey
Eclectic Guitars
Wilmington, NC

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Hi Todd,

That is a really cool business that you have going there. I wish I would've read this a few months ago, before I moved to Raleigh, from Wilmington. Sounds like a great opportunity. There aren't a whole lot of folks from Wilmington on this site, but maybe some of them will chime in. As someone who plays guitar, appreciates a top quality instrument and does woodworking, it definitely sounds like a cool opportunity. Best of luck with your venture. :thumbs_up:thumbs_up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS