Load of Cypress

Status
Not open for further replies.

JackLeg

New User
Reggie
Here's what 1100+ bf of the prettiest, clearest, 1" cypress looks like! Picked this up today from ol' Ivey P. down at Beaver Branch Sawmill. This is truly some nice lumber.

Ivey also had some of the prettiest juniper sawed I've seen. Clear, no knots, and smells great! (Juniper is what some call "white cedar" and is prized for skiff building and anything you don't want to rot!

Thanks for looking!

Yep, jeff, that ain't my Ram. (Had a flat on the right front on the way home today down on 74 & Chicken Rd., near Pembroke. One hour and $225 later, we were on our way again. Price of that load just went up!!)

:confused_

101_0428.JPG

Glennbear

Glenn
Nice looking load Reggie, Sorry about your tire, my Ram picked up a nail and I spent the morning getting it repaired. Fortunately it was repairable and I noticed it in my driveway so the wallet pain was mininmal. :wsmile:

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
OK, where is Ivey located in relation to Raleigh and how long does it take the cypress to dry? I can see I need to make a road trip.

JackLeg

New User
Reggie
Right down I-40 to Burgaw. Probably about 1 1/2 hrs from you. If you go, you won't be sorry.

And, make sure to meet "Jack." :wink_smil He runs the place, along with Donna, Ivey's wife!

Good hunting!

Oh, yeah. The 1" boards dry in my solar kiln in about 3-4 weeks to 12-15% MC. Air drying will probably take 90 days to reach that level. Worth the wait!

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
Looks like I better be getting busy on the glider frame. I am looking forward to the cypress. Thank you Reggie for posting that. Sorry 'bout the flat, guess my glider just went up:rotflm::rolf:

J

jeff...

Looking good Reggie - Ivey is a great guy too. Did Ivey get a new manager? Jack?

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Mmmmm...wood. Want wood. Cypress smell good....

JackLeg

New User
Reggie
Looking good Reggie - Ivey is a great guy too. Did Ivey get a new manager? Jack?

Naw, Ol' Jack's been around there ever since I've known Ivey. If you go down, just take him a large bone!

:rotflm::rotflm::rotflm::rotflm:

dick541

New User
dick cunningham
Reggie, I was about to ask if you had enought cypress to make 3 more of those great rockers. I need to make one for me now that Rita claimed the first one, and my son want's one. Just put a coat of general 450 on it last weekend and a second this saturday. looks great.
dick

JackLeg

New User
Reggie
Reggie, I was about to ask if you had enought cypress to make 3 more of those great rockers. I need to make one for me now that Rita claimed the first one, and my son want's one. Just put a coat of general 450 on it last weekend and a second this saturday. looks great.
dick

I have plenty of the 7/4 dried, but no 1" stuff at this time. Should have some 1" boards in 3-4 weeks depending on the sun.

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Juniper, Bas, think Juniper! One whiff and you'll be hooked!
Juniper, juniper...don't they make liquor from the berries? No wonder you're whiffing :)

And with your talent, you could build something beautiful from it! :wink_smil
Thanks for the compliment Reggie. Right now, I'm claiming ability, not talent. But with the right lumber, the project builds itself, right?

Ivey

New User
Ivey
Reggie, Thanks for all the kind words, and as always a great visit.
If we were to stop eating catfish when you all come down ol Tom
may stop comming with you. Sorry to hear about the tire trouble. Will let you know when I'm headed that way.

Bigdog72

New User
Geoff
I picked up some of that cypress from Ivey back in March. Met Ivey at exit 319 on I40. What beautiful wood!! Cut the way I wanted it! I stickered it in my garage and, after 5 months, I am good to go.

Ivey, you making that trip again any time soon? Would love to get some of that juniper!!

saw4you

New User
Jack
Reggie, I am Iveys new manager and I get half of everything, just kidding, great load of cypress, Ivey is a good man.

skysharks

New User
John Macmaster
I picked up some of that cypress from Ivey back in March. Met Ivey at exit 319 on I40. What beautiful wood!! Cut the way I wanted it! I stickered it in my garage and, after 5 months, I am good to go.

Ivey, you making that trip again any time soon? Would love to get some of that juniper!!

I'm up for some of that Cypress too. :icon_thum I could use several hundred feet of it.:icon_chee:icon_chee
Just don't tell the wife.:embaresse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS