Lighting up your marks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe Scharle

New User
Joe
This will help if your eyes need some help. Works on most everything.

Wite_Out.JPG

T

toolferone

Thanks Joe. I was just complaining about my Kreg jig markings last week. I am putting this on the top of my to do list.

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Thanks Joe!!!:thumbs_up

(I did the same thing with a set of sockets about 2 years ago and it does work well! Never even though of the plastic markings on stuff!:BangHead:)

Now if I can just find a good electrician to add some overhead lighting, I'll be all set!:roll::roll:

Wayne

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
That is a great idea, my eyes don't see close up that good anymore even with glasses or contats it is still not perfect.

MikeL

Michael
Corporate Member
You should send that tip into the magazines and win yourself something nice. Very handy tip. :icon_thum

TBone

Tommy
Senior User
I do that to anything that has engraved markings too. Just run white out or a paint pen across them and then wipe off the excess. Also works good on drill bits.

Good job on the Kreg, hadn't thought about that one.

Joe Scharle

New User
Joe
You should send that tip into the magazines and win yourself something nice. Very handy tip. :icon_thum

This thread disappeared so fast I didn't see your reply!
I always put up my tips here as soon as I receive all of the 'read request msgs' from the mags. BTW, thanks Tom Ferone for the idea. During the shop crawl I noticed Tom's were still factory dim. I figured that if Tom hadn't already done his, then a lot of folks hadn't thought about it yet!
Joe

Joe Lyddon

New User
Joe Lyddon
COOL idea for ALL dark bodied items with hard to read lettering...

VCR's & DVD players... can you easily find the Eject / Open button along with the others?

Thank you!

Yes... Send it in for some money$$$!! You deserve it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors